The official Flatwater open shoot info thread

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Chuck Graber

#211 Post by Chuck Graber »

Bluerock Brimley wrote: Thanks Chuck, but I believe that those are technically "ravings," not "ramblings." "Ramblings" connotes a mindless, directionless quality. Certainly my Ruger comments wouldn't fall into either of those catagories.

See you at Flatwater.
Well my original thought was "Ruger Rantings" and that would indeed qualify you as infamous. Usually "ravings" would seem to suggest positive comments.
Ya know, F.S., this is why there are Rugers. At least with the Ruger, you're supporting an American company PLUS more people in the trailer park will be familiar with the brand. Additionally, with a gun-room filled with Rugers, you can easily decorate the walls with a velvet painting of Elvis and a print of "dogs playing cards"

Those might be the most backhanded positive comments about Rugers I have ever seen. Not that I disagree with them! :lol:
See you at Flatwater!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Bluestem

#212 Post by Bluestem »

steve voss wrote:My personal favorite is to stand WAY outside the box, like maybe 30 yards or so, and break the targets BEFORE the shooter gets to them. Ask Brad Anderson about Jim Hight's Stephen Grant, damascus, side-lever, hammergun in my hands last year. Yes, it's true, guns do indeed get passed around.

The target broke, recoil was negligible, and I saved on precious shells. Poacher!

Tom Bryant

#213 Post by Tom Bryant »

I've been enjoying all of the quips and looking forward to the camaraderie, but I'm going to have to bow out for this year :( . I've been issued an ultimatum: be in NC for my 50th or no more care packages of Mom's oatmeal cookies :shock: . As that would be a fate worse than death, I must obey and head to NC. Sorry to miss out on the fun and frivolities, but I'll be back for 2009.

(There is a check on its way to Digger to cover food costs and a contribution to the general fund - the cause is just too good to not help out).

Chuck Graber

#214 Post by Chuck Graber »

Sorry you won't be there Tom. Still when you are our age and you still have parents around, you gotta touch bases while you can.

Be well! See you next year.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

steve voss

#215 Post by steve voss »

Tom,

We will surely miss you. However, I must admit I thought it would be your 50th anniverary of your tenth birthday. :wink:

I was looking forward to seeing your Dickson in its next century attire. Please post photos ASAP.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Jacob Jesus Escape'

#216 Post by Jacob Jesus Escape' »

Well...
It's truly a shame when a body can't make it to the Flatwater.
Dang. I feel your pain.

Of course, the bad news I received today may be good news in that regard. My "klunker" house buying deal is going sour. I thought I'd be moving and paying out the nose for some home repairs but I may instead be needing to drown my sorrow and resign myself to living in a much smaller POS (hovel)!~)
We'll see.
I could bring my own steak...and perhaps a ton or so of shot!~)
Of course, with my luck...I'LL BE DEAD! Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope!~)
thelatestinsanity

steve voss

#217 Post by steve voss »

Fred, you're not lucky enough to be dead. You'll just have to suffer through it......with us.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Jacob Jesus Escape'

#218 Post by Jacob Jesus Escape' »

We'll see, Obi Wan!~)
thelatestinsanity

Rufus Scout

#219 Post by Rufus Scout »

Can you get your steak without Blue Cheeze on it at this shindig?
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

steve voss

#220 Post by steve voss »

Why would one want to? And I thought you only promised to "try" to attend again this year? :D :lol: 8)

sv

Stackbarrel16

#221 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Yes, the steaks are usually served sans Bleu, too many writers there for class. For the learned or adventurous I usually have compound butter with blue cheese in it around. Youi could bring Atkinson and grab Ignas on your way by.

For the techno geeks who can't follow directions we now provide a new service-GPS data. :lol: The Flatwater site coordinates are as follows:
N40, 43.548 W96, 14.136 elevation 1217ft msl. there you have it in 3 dimensions!
Rand Paul 2016

Rufus Scout

#222 Post by Rufus Scout »

Blue cheese is for inferior meat, which I'm sure that you don't serve.

Do you? :shock:

I will attempt to attend as I have since the inception of the shoot. 8)

dogginit

#223 Post by dogginit »

Ah, you guys are making me heartsick! I was sincerely looking forward to attending this year (finally!), unfortunately the wife will only be out of back surgery a couple of weeks by then, and in no shape to stay home alone, much less travel with me as we had planned.

I know you guys will have a great time whether I'm there or not, but my lovely lady and I will definitely be attending next year!

Chris
"I believe that seed catalogs are responsible for more unrealized fantasies than Enron and Playboy combined." Michael Perry

Stackbarrel16

#224 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

No the meat is ok here as a general rule 8) Not some grass fed Texas pseudo beef. :twisted: :lol:
Rand Paul 2016

Rufus Scout

#225 Post by Rufus Scout »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:No the meat is ok here as a general rule 8) Not some grass fed Texas pseudo beef. :twisted: :lol:
What exactly do you think those ol' boys grazing on the Sandhills eat until getting their finishing up at the feedlot? Crepes and beer? :)