The official Flatwater open shoot info thread

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

#46 Post by steve voss »

QUESTION,

Doug is wondering if you guys are tired of his display tables? Do you want to see all of them yet again? Just a few? Which ones: English, 21s, Parkers? Or shall we skip it?

Let me know so I can pass it along to him.

Thanks, sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Chuck Graber

#47 Post by Chuck Graber »

Steve,
I enjoy talking to Doug and seeing his collection. As long as there is plenty of room for everyone to lay out a gun or two for others to look at and discuss, I am more than happy to look at Doug's shooters.

Chuck

mbonner

#48 Post by mbonner »

For me, English, please, now I know that some are for sale, I did not know that last year until it was too late. I did appreciate the gentleman bringing those beautiful guns along, really.
Mike

Steve007

#49 Post by Steve007 »

steve voss wrote:QUESTION,

Doug is wondering if you guys are tired of his display tables? Do you want to see all of them yet again? Just a few? Which ones: English, 21s, Parkers? Or shall we skip it?

Heck, no, don't skip it! Bring 'em all, so long as we have enough tables for the others. That is a consideration. I was really impressed by his 21's last year and the great English guns. I do think many more would crowd out the others.

Colonel Brown

#50 Post by Colonel Brown »

Deposit sent. I reminded all the other Iowegians as well.

Stackbarrel16

#51 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Ok boys and girls sound off. I'm starting to plan the food and need to get a semi accurate count. I know some people from 16ga.com are coming that do not post here so if you are a dual poster of talk with those others please have them send a count over.

This is getting more and more important as the shoot grows ever bigger. I'd hate to have to deny steak or potato salad to people because they didn't sound off!
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#52 Post by steve voss »

I WILL BE THERE!!! I don't want to risk my steak OR my potato salad.

sv

PS: I will be a "peeling" with Brother Tiny.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Steve007

#53 Post by Steve007 »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:Ok boys and girls sound off. !
Jerry Goldstein, Dick Roark (Amarillo Slim) and Steve007 will be there from St. Louis.

Girls? Steve Voss brought the lovely Connie a few years ago, and after I quoted all of Lochinvar for her,she kept on referring to Voss as "an unromantic uncultured boor" for the next six months. Or so I am informed. :wink:

steve voss

#54 Post by steve voss »

Steve007 wrote:Girls? Steve Voss brought the lovely Connie a few years ago, and after I quoted all of Lochinvar for her,she kept on referring to Voss as "an unromantic uncultured boor" for the next six months. Or so I am informed. :wink:
Still. :oops: :cry: :?

sv

wingshooter

#55 Post by wingshooter »

I'd hate to have to deny steak or potato salad to people because they didn't sound off
Now wait just a bird dog minute- I lose steak and potato salad when I DO sound off. Or point my camera....

Paid in full with a money order that Larry S. will probably never open.

Since I will have KP duty with Voss, we will probably have chef's apron's on that state emphatically "DO NOT KISS THE CHEF, OR EVEN THINK ABOUT IT"
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#56 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

It's not in the opening or sounding off padawan but what comes forth from the opening :) .
Rand Paul 2016

Tom Bryant

#57 Post by Tom Bryant »

I'll get my deposit to Larry this week, so please count me in guys.

Bluerock Brimley

#58 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Tom Bryant wrote:I'll get my deposit to Larry this week, so please count me in guys.
Ditto for Bluerock--I think that Pete Thomas and Diego are coming up from KC--Diego has acquired a Purdey Pigeon gun and a Boss hammer gun since he was there 3 years ago and I'm working on a bolt action Marlin that I'd like to show off to the crowd. I might bring my chimp and his collection of Rugers if you guys promise to not to ridicule him.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#59 Post by steve voss »

We'll be too busy ridiculing you.

sv

Colonel Brown

#60 Post by Colonel Brown »

Larry Harwood, Mike Carroll, Bill "the Pumpermeister" Layman, Stew LeBlanc, and yours truly from Iowa. I told those other slackers to get their deposits in. Mine's in the mail.