The official Flatwater open shoot info thread

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Joe Cool

Oops!

#16 Post by Joe Cool »

Yeah, Stack...you are right. It is indeed Sleep Inn at Syracuse. I must have been "temporarily geezing" when I wrote my other post. :oops:

Steve, I'll try not to scare off your designated driver. I'm bringing one this year, too! 8)

Atticus
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

steve voss

#17 Post by steve voss »

Isn't it about time for Koik to give us his 5th annual promise to "try" to be here THIS year?

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#18 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Many do just that. But yes it is time for him to reaffirm that again.
Rand Paul 2016

K 80 Pops

#19 Post by K 80 Pops »

Can ammo be bought at the club?

If I can come , I'd like to shoot my 28g.

Stackbarrel16

#20 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

We could certainly arrange ammo, we have a couple big box sporting goods stores and a good local place. What did you want for the 28? (the course is incidentally perfect for 28's- that and the 16 being the favored gauges of the committee)

Love to meet you Sera. Please do come we'l get ammo worked out that goes for anyone Voss, Larry at the club or myself will gladly make sure ammo gets there for fly in's and gun borrowers.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#21 Post by wingshooter »

Uhhh.......got any single malt?
Nope, but I was seriously thinking about bringing some 6 month old lacquer thinner- CLEARLY marked as such, but some bleary eyed reveler might actually drink it.

I limit myself to a good glass of red, so Voss can play kid in the candy store. Then on the drive back to Miss Connie's it's:

Why are you in this lane?
How come you're 5 under the speed limit?
Don't touch that mirror.
Turn here DA!
Turn off that classical*#$&*@%!
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#22 Post by steve voss »

Brother Tiny just doesn't appreciate Stevie Ray and Lenny. :(

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#23 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Two more non smoking rooms added to the group. They have more I just can't block them out. So there are places to stay. Come on up! They have been giving non block rooms the block discount so please come if you can.
Rand Paul 2016

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#24 Post by Pancho McTavish »

OK....by request, I'm going to beat Rufus to it. I'm going to "TRY" to be there! :lol:

Actually we are about two weeks off this year. My son graduates from MSU on the 16th of May. If I wouldn't actually make Flatwater this year we'll sure "try" again next year. I've sure missed all you quarrelsome bastards since my one visit to Flatwater. :P

Stackbarrel16

#25 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

You've been here Bob, it's ok. Rufus however.....
Rand Paul 2016

Rufus Scout

#26 Post by Rufus Scout »

I doubt it for this year. Too much going on.

I managed almost 60 days of bird hunting this fall, I gotta work sometime.
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

Colonel Brown

#27 Post by Colonel Brown »

You need to be an outdoor writer, Rufus. Bird hunting IS work.

David

#28 Post by David »

You need to become an outdoor videographer, then bird hunting becomes REAL work. Especially chuckar hunting in Eastern Oregon.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Rufus Scout

#29 Post by Rufus Scout »

I never say never. You never know when some moldmaker in Nebraska needs some tools, or an aircraft structures manufacturer in Kansas needs some tools. Depends on my ability to turn a business trip into a junket.
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

Colonel Brown

#30 Post by Colonel Brown »

David wrote:You need to become an outdoor videographer, then bird hunting becomes REAL work. Especially chuckar hunting in Eastern Oregon.
Too much work, David--and the writers actually get a chance to kill things. Most of the time, anyhow. I don't know how much lighter the equipment is now than it was back when Huggler was making his grouse video, but I did feel sorry for the guy humping that stuff through grouse cover.