Need Numbers please sound off

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Joe Cool

Re: Need Numbers please sound off

#31 Post by Joe Cool »

:( :( :( :(

I am one bummed-out dude. Like my pal Rockie, it appears I will be on the east coast that week and not returning out here to the nation's "flyover territory" until sometime late Saturday. There is still a small chance of the meetings//project being rescheduled
for the next week, but it does not look likely.

Flatwater is my absolute favorite "long weekend" of the year. Kinda like rolling back the calendar 30 years and revisiting the brothers in the frathouse...only everybody enjoys the shooting sports as much as football!

Crap!!!!
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Bluerock Brimley

#32 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Geez---if Atticus isn't going, the whole event seems anticlimatic if not completely pointless!! I'm going to attend anyway--Rick I'll miss you---with me missing last year and you missing this year, it's aweful stressful.

Digger, how much is it this year and where do we send the check???
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

wingshooter

#33 Post by wingshooter »

I am pleased to announce that Pooch will be attending, riding with Milton and me.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

David

#34 Post by David »

:D :D :D
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Colonel Brown

#35 Post by Colonel Brown »

wingshooter wrote:I am pleased to announce that Pooch will be attending, riding with Milton and me.
That's great news! Now if we could get his hunting buddy Pete to attend . . . Pete, if you're out there, the "no politics" rule is for real. Ron White attended and I'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself--and those of us who didn't know him other than from the BB enjoyed meeting him.
"It's simple. Don't quote posts that originate from other sites about members here. Most people get that. Try to be a little more positive." luckydog

sd/mt pga pro

#36 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Atticus Finch wrote::( :( :( :(

I am one bummed-out dude. Like my pal Rockie, it appears I will be on the east coast that week and not returning out here to the nation's "flyover territory" until sometime late Saturday. There is still a small chance of the meetings//project being rescheduled
for the next week, but it does not look likely.

Flatwater is my absolute favorite "long weekend" of the year. Kinda like rolling back the calendar 30 years and revisiting the brothers in the frathouse...only everybody enjoys the shooting sports as much as football!

Crap!!!!

That does it! If I can't beat up on the Arkansas Flash, I ain't coming either. :wink: Y'all excuse me, I have to go practice singing "My Old Kentucky Home".
BC

Digger

#37 Post by Digger »

Atticus Finch you can't straighten that mess in D.C. out , I hate to be the one to remind you but your a Lawyer, heck you can change about any dates you need to.Now quite whimpering and get get it done.I already lined up that dam golf cart and they wont give my deposit back.Remember your priorities. Can not wait to meet the new people, good job Wingshooter.
I think you mean "tumblers"
The shell you buy, the gun you shoot, the size of the bore or the clerk at the store telling you what you should do doesn't determine your actions, ethics or ability.

Slowhand

#38 Post by Slowhand »

Plus one Digger, Bluerock and I will be up on Friday.
Pete

steve voss

#39 Post by steve voss »

Diego?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

John

#40 Post by John »

Perhaps I missed the advertisement. When, where, time and date of this event??
Itinerary and associated costs.

Thank you in advance:

John
"macht nichts"

Joe Cool

#41 Post by Joe Cool »

You guys are killin' me here! I will miss you all and want to be there!! If I was not looking at probable semi-to full retirement in 10 years and still thinking I must totally provide for my "golden years" on my own, I'd quit work today and start a never-ending "floating shooter's party" around the red states! :D :D :D

Good pals, nice guns and drinks after the shoot...what better way to spend one's days?? 8) 8)
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

wingshooter

#42 Post by wingshooter »

John wrote:Perhaps I missed the advertisement. When, where, time and date of this event??
Itinerary and associated costs.

Thank you in advance:

John

Grandpa's Sporting Acres, Syracuse Nebraska. About half an hour East of Lincoln. A charity shoot started by Scott Hincker that benefits kids, helping to introduce them to the shooting sports (one of the main goals of Larry Swanson, proprietor of Grandpa's). Usually the last full weekend of April, but because of the proximity of Easter this year starts unofficially around noon Friday the 29th, closing officially with lunch (appx. 12:00 Sunday, May 1st). "Thirty Man Squad", one of the events favorites, typically gets going around 3:00 or 4:00 PM Friday. That's when we've had our opening ceremony the last couple years. This year's opener will be a real blast, and you won't want to miss it. Cost has not changed in the last couple years, but inflation hits us all. It has been 175.00 (Check for cost with Larry): this buys you 200 targets, and basically takes care of your meals from Friday eve on. The banter is free. Bring a bottle of your favorite to share when the guns are silent and on display. There is a motel in Syracuse, minutes from Grandpa's, and a block of rooms is always set aside.

http://shooterspages.com/ne.htm

HTH
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Colonel Brown

#43 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stew Leblanc and Dave Kalkwarf are in.
"It's simple. Don't quote posts that originate from other sites about members here. Most people get that. Try to be a little more positive." luckydog

Frodo

#44 Post by Frodo »

Well, happily I will be driving down with my friend Bob Crandall and attending to bring greeting from your good neighbour to the north!!

M. R. Byrd

#45 Post by M. R. Byrd »

What a group. Wish I could be there and enjoy the fellowship.

I have been computerless since April 1st when it went for repair. Finally got it back last night and back in cyberspace again. I have missed all that has been going on here on the forum. I am now home recovering from a prostatectomy on April 5th in Denver.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Flatwater 2011.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City