Been wading through this section

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
MN Tonester

Been wading through this section

#1 Post by MN Tonester »

Having seen the word "Flatwater" for a number of years, I got a bit of the curiosity this AM and looked at a few of the threads. When I saw that Flatwater was near Lincoln, my interest was piqued. Not having the patience to go through every thread on this subject, however, I have not seen when the actual date is for this event. Can someone enlighten me? Don't know if many NE Minnesotans attend this gathering, but I do have a bottle of Dalwhinnie set aside just in case.
My dad told me, "Never buy anything that eats while you sleep." - Conrad Dobler
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. ' - Ronald Reagan

Bluerock Brimley

Re: Been wading through this section

#2 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

MN Tonester wrote:...Not having the patience to go through every thread on this subject,
....the stories, lies, jokes and anecdotes swapped at the Flatwater are not necessarily less tedious than the copious written threads about it seen here. In person however they require the good manners of eye contact, visual response and an attempt at feigned interest. This has become much more difficult the past couple of years with the influx of more and more Texans to the event. Should patience not be one of your stellar virtues, definetly bring the Scotch--it should help dull the senses and make the Texans much more interesting!
...however, I have not seen when the actual date is for this event. Can someone enlighten me?....
April 25 and 26 and a special Friday evening (24th) squad of about 30 shooters.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

MN Tonester

#3 Post by MN Tonester »

BrB, thanks for the info.
My dad told me, "Never buy anything that eats while you sleep." - Conrad Dobler
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. ' - Ronald Reagan

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

You don't want to miss the 30 Man Squad!!

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Brent XVI'er

#5 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Us Texians love us some of that tender Nebrasky steaks that Chef Tiny flame sears for the pardners Saddidy nite! Uncle Wilfred is just jealous cuz we know how to party!! :lol: :lol:
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

postoak

#6 Post by postoak »

Bluerock - I really like your Stars & Bars !
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

wingshooter

#7 Post by wingshooter »

Most propitious post, Tonester- I was just about to PM you and encourage you to come. Almost without exception, those that come once are hooked for life. Fred being the exception. But then, he's not all there.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Colonel Brown

#8 Post by Colonel Brown »

I'm not sure Fred has returned since I loaned him my Poli. Perhaps he's decided that lusting in his heart is a safer course.