Thanks for well wishes

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
boz03

Thanks for well wishes

#1 Post by boz03 »

Recently, found I have cancer of pancreas, bladder,and prostate. Against the wishes of wife and family, I made the trip to attend The Flatwater. I told a few guys, and by the number of PM's I have received, guess word has spread. So far, I have two surgeries scheduled in May.

The members of Flatwater are intellegent, sucessful, and sometimes full of themselves, but I have found them to also be warm, careing, and compassionate. The support offered by members bolsters one's courage
in heading into the ordeal I'm faceing.

My condition is very treatable, and more of an inconvience, I think is the best way to describe it. Besides, I'm a tough old phart, and expect to attend The Flatwater next year.

Thanks,.........Bill

sd/mt pga pro

#2 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Damn it Bill,

I am not taking any excuses for you not chasing pheasants with me and the girls this fall. You better get well, you old boot.

I know that you will!
BC

Colonel Brown

#3 Post by Colonel Brown »

Bill, sorry to hear that news. But you have the right attitude! Hang in there, and kick the big C's ass!

Joe Cool

Hang in There!

#4 Post by Joe Cool »

Boz...

It was tough talking with you about your health issues and I did not share the info figuring you'd let folks know when you chose to do so. I am so pleased to hear your case is "operable" as that is a very good sign, indeed! Hang in there and fight hard! We will enjoy many more shoots yet to come! If there is anything I can do to offer help, you know where to contact me, ol' sport! I'm sure the same is true for our other mutual pals here.
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Stackbarrel16

#5 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The Committee has ways of finding these things out Bill. :D It also wants you to know we all have you in our thoughts and prayers.
Rand Paul 2016

Bluerock Brimley

#6 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Boz, you are the "gentle"-est of the "gentlemen" at the Flatwater---you'll be in my prayers.
Greg
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#7 Post by steve voss »

Bill, you will be in my and Miss Connie's prayers, especially tomorrow.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

wingshooter

#8 Post by wingshooter »

Bill is a kind and gentle soul- he really stands out. Get well Boz.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#9 Post by steve voss »

The best photo of Bill was posted at 16ga.com by Thinman.

sv

Bill Boswell , one of THE MOST NICEST GUYS YOU WILL EVER MEET .
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Rufus Scout

#10 Post by Rufus Scout »

Hang in there, Bill. Our prayers are with you.
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

kgb

#11 Post by kgb »

Hate to hear that, Bill, but relieved it's on the treatable end of the scale!

Kirk

mbonner

#12 Post by mbonner »

I'm so sorry to hear of your health situation, Bill, but glad it is treatable.
Good luck, my friend, and I look forward to having a Scotch with you at Flatwater 2010.
Mike [/b]

postoak

#13 Post by postoak »

Boz - God bless you, you will be in my prayers !
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Tom Bryant

#14 Post by Tom Bryant »

Bill,

I have a great deal of faith in God, and I know he'll be watching over you. And He's really good at it. I'm still here when I shouldn't be, and my mom is 9 years out from stage 3 lung cancer - dismissed by her doctor (because she didn't need him anymore) last year and doing great. Have faith. I can tell there are lots of prayers going up for you and your attitude will take you a long way.

Sorry I didn't make Flatwater this year. :cry:

M&M

#15 Post by M&M »

Bill,

I remember seeing you several times at Flatwater this year, but never made the effort to meet you. My loss. Get well soon, I will not miss the chance next year.

Take care,

Milton