AMAZING!!!!!!!!

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Joe Cool

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by Joe Cool »

HI! BILLY MAYS HERE FOR THE AMAZING FLATWATER! WHERE ELSE DO YOU GET GREAT PALS, GREAT SHOOTING, GREAT GUNS, GREAT FOOD AND GREAT BOOZE FOR ONLY $175??? AMAZING! THAT'S THE POWER OF THE MIGHTY FLATWATER!!!!!!! RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!!!!! ORDER NOW AND WE'LL THROW IN A COOL SHOOTING POSTER FROM MIKEEEE IN CANADA!! CAN'T SHOW IT TO YOU ON TEE-VEE BUT YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

OK...enough of that business...if I hear ol' Billy-boy one more time, I may "pull an Elvis" and shoot my television! :shock: :lol:

However, got work "caught up" a bit today, could visit the board this evening and I did want to say what fun it was to see so many good pals once again and have another fine visit to the "FRAT HOUSE" for semi-grown-ups! As always, a terrific event and I wish all you fine gents a year of great health and success so I can see y'all again next year!

Cheers!

Rick
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Brent XVI'er

#2 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I will paraphrase Peter H. Capstick when I say, " Flatwater is the time of year when I can realize my ambition of being a Professional Small Boy- if even for only a few days!"

I will echo what Atticus and Steve said about this past shoot as being the best damn shoot in the country. My thanks to Digger and crew and the Executive Committee for their great preparation for this event!
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

Colonel Brown

#3 Post by Colonel Brown »

Somebody must've overruled Stack and ordered decent weather too. Sunday morning, without wind, was quite a change.

Stackbarrel16

#4 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Mother nature has always over ruled my weather choices. I order it dead calm for you Larry, I know a breeze makes it hard on a writer.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#5 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:I know a breeze makes it hard on a writer.
They can't stand the competition. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#6 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Want to scare a writer? 1 word: chondelle.
Rand Paul 2016

Colonel Brown

#7 Post by Colonel Brown »

Not this year. Broke my last 10 straight. I have witnesses . . .

But make that damned thing a RABBIT next year, just for Layman. Willie woves wabbits!

kgb

#8 Post by kgb »

Broke my last 10 straight.
With that John Browning contraption?

Bruce Day

#9 Post by Bruce Day »

Yep I'm a witness to Larry's prowess, at shooting that is. He couldn't miss and was smoking those targets. He had that 16ga Browning auto shucking and jiving and was hitting them faster than a professional whack a mole player.

postoak

#10 Post by postoak »

Not many better Shotguns that an A-5.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Colonel Brown

#11 Post by Colonel Brown »

I think I may have shot them the day before with the Lindner Daly, but don't recall for sure.

Bruce, the check is in the mail. :) I found it interesting that my Sweet 16, which I don't consider a lightweight gun, is actually lighter than Hal Hare's RBL 16. He needs to find himself a nice Parker on an O frame.