Flatwater review

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Colonel Brown

Flatwater review

#1 Post by Colonel Brown »

As usual, a good time was had by all. Thanks once again to Larry Swanson for hosting, "the committee" for organizing . . . Tiny, Speedo and all, for doing a great job on the steaks.

And I took only minimal flak for shooting a Sweet 16 (as well as a classic Lindner Daly Featherweight 12).

In about the only (appropriately) somber moment of the weekend, we collectively raised our glasses in memory of our departed colleague Terry Boyer. Gone too soon . . .

M. R. Byrd

#2 Post by M. R. Byrd »

I hope pictures will follow to make me feel really bad about not being there. I am planning for Flatwater 2010.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

mbonner

#3 Post by mbonner »

Hope you can, Maynard, it was a lot of fun, thanks to Larry and the "committee". The streaks were fabulous as was the selection of liquor
It's a pretty couth event, in my opinion, it's 7pm and I ain't home yet, I'm overnighting in Fargo. Off to Scheels in the morning!
Mikey

Stackbarrel16

#4 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

His ears should have burned as we were talking about him! My thanks gain to my favorite citizen of the Empire for his attendance. Mike, Atticus did get you package and is taking it to the appointed craftsman.
Rand Paul 2016

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

I had a great time, inspite of being under the weather.

Thanks to all that made it possible.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

M. R. Byrd

#6 Post by M. R. Byrd »

mbonner wrote:Hope you can, Maynard,
Mikey
While you guys were shooting(targets and the bull) I was busy doing burns on my CRP for enchancement and working cattle, things that I don't mind doing, in fact, I enjoy it, but I do like shooting also and a story or two. Count on me next year and maybe by that time I will be brave enough to come out of my shell.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

Colonel Brown

#7 Post by Colonel Brown »

Hope you make it, MR . . . but keep on burning that CRP! The birds need all the help they can get. And burning up north of you wouldn't have worked. We got some pretty heavy rains, although mostly not when we were shooting at Flatwater.

Bruce Day

#8 Post by Bruce Day »

Had a great time fellows. Met some interesting and bright people. Saw some fine shotguns, was fascinated by the Dicksons, don't know if it is a case of fatal attraction yet, but I have lust in my heart.
Looking forward to getting together again. Thanks to Greg Moats for twisting my arm to come.

Bluerock Brimley

#9 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Bruce Day wrote:Had a great time fellows. Met some interesting and bright people. Saw some fine shotguns, was fascinated by the Dicksons, don't know if it is a case of fatal attraction yet, but I have lust in my heart.
Looking forward to getting together again. Thanks to Greg Moats for twisting my arm to come.
Delighted that you attended and had a good time---my only real concern is that you seemed to appreciate the general intellect of the rest of the attendees!!!! (Yes, a bunch of them know alot of stuff--albeit most of it esoteric, bordering on trivial! :lol: ) Thanks for attending Bruce. I just wanted the folks to know that I know people of your stature.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#10 Post by steve voss »

Hey Guys, best Flatwater yet!!!

Twelve newbies this year, which equals total Flatwater I attendance.

Four Dicksons on the pool table at one time, one a box lock. Pancho's custom Fox 20 gauge. JimH's side-lever Grant hammergun reappeared. Purdy's, Coggies, Hollands, Birmy's, Parkers, 21s, LCs, and lots more. Plenty of hammerguns in attendance, plus the advent of the bolt action shotgun. :twisted:

Steaks even thicker than last year and plainly the finest steak I've ever eaten, crunchy black on the outside, purple in the middle, and warm all the way through. Good job, Tiny.

Best bar, yet. MMmmmmmmm, Templeton Rye. :D :D :D:

I already can't wait for next year.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Bluestem

#11 Post by Bluestem »

Thank-you and kudos to Larry Swanson, The Committee, Tiny at the Forge, and all the folks in the kitchen and filling the trap machines. It was another great event and the quality of people, guns, and enthusiasm remains unmatched. "Till next year...

Brad

Bruce Day

#12 Post by Bruce Day »

Brad, being a psychologist, encountered textbook examples of abnormal psychology, and even some new ones. Maybe next year we could shoot a few rounds, have a few drinks and do a combined anger management and group therapy session? Could be exciting.

Bluestem

#13 Post by Bluestem »

Bruce, I attend Flatwater to avoid psychology, especially the group therapy stuff! :lol: I will talk about which part of your brain stores all that knowledge about Parkers, though. Thanks for attending and freely sharing your Parker guns and knowledge. I always come away from Flatwater knowing more about guns (and other topics) than the year before.

Bruce Day

#14 Post by Bruce Day »

Damn. I was so looking forward to going around in a circle and hearing everybody discuss what upsets them.

Bluerock Brimley

#15 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Bruce Day wrote:Damn. I was so looking forward to going around in a circle and hearing everybody discuss what upsets them.
We had a rather abreviated version of group therapy last year Bruce---it went like this: "Hi my name is Greg and I own an RBL." Unfortunately there weren't enough participants to be considered "group therapy." In fact, it wasn't even particularly therapeutic for the sole participant. :oops:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.