Single shot or bolt gun squads?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Brent XVI'er

Single shot or bolt gun squads?

#1 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Who is bringing their fav bolt gun to shoot? Bluerock mentioned it in a post not long ago. I found a Stevens Model 58 in 16 bore -clip feed- at the local Bass Pro for only $199.99. :twisted: :evil: :evil:

I, gonna hafta look some more! :roll:
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

mbonner

#2 Post by mbonner »

I applied yesterday for my ATF Form 6NIA so I can bring a selected portion of my arsenal to Flatwater. There are 6 guns on it, 5 are SXS, one is a Remington 11-48 in 28 ga. Actually most are pre 1898, technically I do not need an ATF Form 6 for antiques, but you have to convince US Customs that they really are antiques, so the easiest way is to put them on the form. They are all registered here in Canada, but to my surprise I do not need an export permit from Canada if I sell an antique legally in the US, I just have to cancel the registrations as "exported to the US" when I get back. Seems my Canadian firearms licence is an import and export licence for sporting guns.
Anyhow I do not have time to borrow a bolt action gun and put it in my Form 6NIA, so perhaps I can share one with a more fortunate owner?
Mike

M&M

Re: Single shot or bolt gun squads?

#3 Post by M&M »

Brent XVI'er wrote:Who is bringing their fav bolt gun to shoot? Bluerock mentioned it in a post not long ago. I found a Stevens Model 58 in 16 bore -clip feed- at the local Bass Pro for only $199.99. :twisted: :evil: :evil:

I, gonna hafta look some more! :roll:
Hey Brent, there are several on GunBroker and Auction Arms.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =123739933

I have one of these in 20ga. I could bring. A new pad costs about $10 from Numrich.

Oh, I'm new here, my first post. I'm mdm1 on 16ga. forum

postoak

#4 Post by postoak »

I am looking hard for a Geha, Remo, or heart hard hit. Maybe a Pickelhalbe to match ?
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Brent XVI'er

#5 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Damn, Rock. Whet langage is you tolkein?
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

Bluerock Brimley

#6 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

postoak wrote:I am looking hard for a Geha, Remo, or heart hard hit. Maybe a Pickelhalbe to match ?
I've got a buddy with a Geha--dangondest, neat shotgun you can imagine. The only problem is when you get that big expanded Mauser bolt all the way to the rear, it gets REAL wobbly and is easy to bind up on the forward throw if you're not careful. He gets extra points for the "cool" factor tho. Maybe he'll let me borrow it for the Flatwater.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

postoak

#7 Post by postoak »

Brent XVI'er wrote:Damn, Rock. Whet langage is you tolkein?
Deutsch !

Jacob Jesus Escape'

#8 Post by Jacob Jesus Escape' »

I sold my 16 and 12 gauge bolt guns and lent my .410 to my nephew. This slacker is sans a bolt. That was a stretch, wasted.
Anyway, I'll be lucky to make it but will pick up a bolt gun on my way if I do!
thelatestinsanity

Bluerock Brimley

#9 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Jacob Jesus Escape' wrote:...slacker is sans a bolt...
...I used to have some of them sans-a-bolt slacks---had to start wearing suspenders with em.

Hope you make it this year Fred.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

mbonner

#10 Post by mbonner »

I have a Geha, come to think of it, sadly it is missing the huge bolt head and I can't find another. I have one in 20 ga as well, but it has a bulged chamber. Oh well. I had a working Geha years ago, a great skunk gun to keep in the truck.
Mike

postoak

#11 Post by postoak »

Mr. Bonner - I knew you were a man of refined tastes. 8)

Colonel Brown

#12 Post by Colonel Brown »

I saw a 16ga Mauser the other day. Bolt guys woulda loved it.

I'd bring my dad's .410, but there's a spot in the bottom of the barrel that's getting thin, where he rested it on the driver's side window of the 1948 Dodge.

postoak

#13 Post by postoak »

Col. Brown, was your father from West Texas ? 8)

jerry6stl

#14 Post by jerry6stl »

I still have my first shotgun -- a Mossberg 16ga. bolt-action that my Dad bought for my 13th birthday.

Is there really going to be a "Bolt Action & Single-Shot Squad?"

Will I be able to shoot on the same squad with any famous gun writers?

JERRY GOLDSTEIN

wingshooter

#15 Post by wingshooter »

Will I be able to shoot on the same squad with any famous gun writers?
Not at Flatwater- won't be any.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM