Drive safe

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Ronaldo

#16 Post by Ronaldo »

steve voss wrote:It's Nebraska, there will be wind.

sv
Something tells me that wherever you fine group of gentlemen congregate, there will be wind. ;)
"The way to a womans heart, is not through her mothers privates."

[i]- Denny Crane[/i]

[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/Naldo1264/conlake.jpg[/img]

Bluerock Brimley

#17 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Larry Brown wrote:Guy prolly thought she was just a stroker...
...does this mean something different in Iowa than it would mean in the rest of the world???? :shock:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Stackbarrel16

#18 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

There'd be more if you'd get off your rear and attend Ron.
Rand Paul 2016

Rufus Scout

#19 Post by Rufus Scout »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:
Larry Brown wrote:Guy prolly thought she was just a stroker...
...does this mean something different in Iowa than it would mean in the rest of the world???? :shock:
No, it's an historical reference to the SSBB where John Boyd (whom I have never met nor ever spoken with on the phone) called me a "stroker" many years back after one of the many episodes where I made fun of the terrible customer service attitude he constantly displayed on the board. He used to hold forth about what a pain in the ass customers were and how they'd call and waste his time, etc.

He kind of made my point for me. 8)
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

Bluerock Brimley

#20 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Rufus Scout wrote:... it's an historical reference to the SSBB where John Boyd (whom I have never met nor ever spoken with on the phone) called me a "stroker"...
....thanks for the context, Ruf.....leave it to Larry to play on a double entendre----and keep those of us with more basic synapses, on the edge of our seat.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Brent XVI'er

#21 Post by Brent XVI'er »

John Boyd is "Quality Arms".
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

Rufus Scout

#22 Post by Rufus Scout »

Brent XVI'er wrote:John Boyd is "Quality Arms".
That's the guy. He used to piss and moan about how horrible his customers were and how they wasted his precious and valuable time. I think he's an asshole.

Although, I know people who have bought guns from him and like him, but some folks used to like going to Don Rickles' routines and be abused, so there's no telling. :lol:

David

#23 Post by David »

I like hearing from my clients. And furthermore, I like being able to solve their problems better than my competitors. Isn't that what you're supposed to do?
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Rufus Scout

#24 Post by Rufus Scout »

I have always thought so. That old "If you like our service, tell a friend; if you don't, tell us".

His complaints had more to do with people calling and actually asking questions about guns. His view IIRC was that people ought to just send him the money.

Steve007

#25 Post by Steve007 »

I bought a gun from John Boyd of Quality Arms--a slightly used Guerini Magnus 20g. He answered all my questions politely and sent more photos as requested. The gun was as presented and while I have bought quite a few guns from dealers, he's the only one who sent me a thank you note afterwards. Recommended by me, at least.

Rufus Scout

#26 Post by Rufus Scout »

Steve, you were one of the guys I remembered as having had a good experience with John.

I resented that he called me a stroker without ever having spoken with me or having any idea of how many guns I had bought over the past years.

That said, if a stroker is a guy who won't pay top price for a tired piece of shit, count me in. :)

Brent XVI'er

#27 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Strokers Unite! :P :P :P :evil: :evil: :wink:
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

David

#28 Post by David »

Brent XVI'er wrote:Strokers Unite! :P :P :P :evil: :evil: :wink:
Boy, is that an opportunity for double entendre. 8)
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Colonel Brown

#29 Post by Colonel Brown »

Roznak's Poli came from Boyd. I had a good experience with him as well.

Rufus Scout

#30 Post by Rufus Scout »

Larry Brown wrote:Roznak's Poli came from Boyd. I had a good experience with him as well.
I hear that he gives special discounts to non-members. :twisted: