Drive safe

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Digger

Drive safe

#1 Post by Digger »

Well, in a few days the 2009 Flatwater kicks off.The weather this weekend has been interesting.We really needed nice weather to get ready.However ,the steaks are cut and ageing,the pheasant and chuckar are ready to be cooked and I am somewhat ready :? .As for the cleaning??? :oops:
As for the events kicking off ,as always I will see people on Friday.Yes the coffee will be on Fri. morning with rolls. Friday evening Chips ,Dips ,and Pheasant.And yes I will be at the clubhouse Thur.evening. Any last minute questions please feel free to call me .Larry 402-670-1967

Steve007

#2 Post by Steve007 »

As things now stand, here is the projected weather (in theory. Source: www.weather,.com) for Flatwater. No info on wind, though.

Fri
Apr 24
Mostly Sunny
High:87?
Low:57?
Chance of rain:10%

Sat
Apr 25
Partly Cloudy
80?
55?
20%

Sun
Apr 26
Partly Cloudy
73?
57?
0%

mbonner

#3 Post by mbonner »

Iff'n I bring my long johns I will not need them, right? 80 F, boy am I glad I got that infor, Speedo weather. Now I have to pack for hot days!
Mikey

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

It's Nebraska, there will be wind.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#5 Post by Colonel Brown »

Reminds me of that movie they made about Flatwater: "The Wind and the Lyin' ".

Rufus Scout

#6 Post by Rufus Scout »

Anyone coming from the East on Friday on I-80, if you see a new black Yukon XL Denali towing a faded red stock trailer both with Ohio plates, wave at my wife. She's going to pick up a horse about 40 miles north of the shoot.
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

steve voss

#7 Post by steve voss »

Rufus Scout wrote:Anyone coming from the East on Friday on I-80, if you see a new black Yukon XL Denali towing a faded red stock trailer both with Ohio plates, wave at my wife. She's going to pick up a horse about 40 miles north of the shoot.
Have her stop in, Miss Connie could always use the company. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Bluerock Brimley

#8 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Rufus Scout wrote:...if you see a new black Yukon XL Denali towing a faded red stock trailer both with Ohio plates, wave at my wife...
...this doesn't come off real complimentary of your wife, you know, Ruf. :lol:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Rufus Scout

#9 Post by Rufus Scout »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:
Rufus Scout wrote:...if you see a new black Yukon XL Denali towing a faded red stock trailer both with Ohio plates, wave at my wife...
I'm missing something here. :)

David

#10 Post by David »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:
She's driving the Yukon, Blue, not riding in the trailer.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Rufus Scout

#11 Post by Rufus Scout »

Right, she would be driving the Yukon.

Bluerock Brimley

#12 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Rufus Scout wrote:Right, she would be driving the Yukon.
Thanks for the help David...I hate it when a joke doesn't work---dang! :lol:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Rufus Scout

#13 Post by Rufus Scout »

Well, never mind. Trip's off. The nut selling the horse just backed out on the deal an hour ago. Shouldn't be surprised, the conversation has been going on for weeks.

I told my wife: "Next time you want to buy some oddball thing (gun/horse/vintage car) and you make a deal to do so in writing, send the money; it's harder for a guy to back out if he has the money."

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#14 Post by Pancho McTavish »

And then what did she say about you and old shotguns? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colonel Brown

#15 Post by Colonel Brown »

Guy prolly thought she was just a stroker, like her husband. :)