Driving Directions for newbies

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
David

Driving Directions for newbies

#1 Post by David »

I was just googling up location and map for Grandpa's Sporting Acres and found a listing on Cheaper Than Dirt's website complete with a map. The address had it in Syracuse, NE, but the map was of the Denver metro. Is the mailing address and the physical location the same so I can use that to get a mapquest map?
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

Yes. North from either Syracuse or Unadilla to "E" Road. Then left three miles or right two (depending) and you're there.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

wingshooter

#3 Post by wingshooter »

Google map search worked with this address, but I was unsuccessful trying to post a link.

2404 E ROAD, SYRACUSE NE 68446
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

David

#4 Post by David »

Thanks Mike. I got it printed out. I ought to be able to find the place. What time do you think you'll be arriving in Syracuse? Mapquest says it's a 4.5 hour drive for me. When do the unofficial Friday afternoon festivities begin?
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

steve voss

#5 Post by steve voss »

David wrote:When do the unofficial Friday afternoon festivities begin?
The Iowegians...(Ioweenies?)...usually get there first to 'practice.' Maybe 2 or so. I'll be down by three at the latest....don't worry about it, somebody will be there...or not....just make yourself at home, we'll be there shortly.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

wingshooter

#6 Post by wingshooter »

Like Voss intimated, mid afternoon is in time to make the 30 man squad. We will be arriving Thurs. eve, after a stop at Champlin arms in OK, so our arrival at Grandpa's Friday may be in time to join the Ioweenies (or merely heckle and cackle at the corn fed fuddie duddies).

MM

Stackbarrel16

#7 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The official unofficial Friday unauthorized practice session starts at 3pm or whenever I get there.

The 30 man squad usually begins after 4 and goes til dark or close enough. Usually after to heckle from behind or just in front of to delay and foil Finkel's serious practice.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#8 Post by wingshooter »

Stackbarrel16 wrote: whenever I get there.

The megalomaniacal self-absorbed non-elected tyrant hath spoken.

MM