Any special target presentations?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

Any special target presentations?

#1 Post by kgb »

That high pair off the dam(n) fixed me good last year, hits and misses all mystery. I think that's where the LDL was introduced and that likely only confused the issue.

Would like to see another truck or car door station, maybe a tower seat to ground-swat some stationary targets Texas-style using a "beanfield" shotgun and slugs or a passing dove station shot while standing in a moving pickup truck bed. How about a handful of saplings for the rest of the squad to snap at the shooter's glasses to replicate ruffed grouse hunting? A few could be thorny branches, maybe one in seven or eight.

kgb

Digger

#2 Post by Digger »

Yes ,there will be changes.Less waking and still interesting .

wingshooter

#3 Post by wingshooter »

Digger wrote:Yes ,there will be changes.Less waking and still interesting .
Larry-

Did you mean less walking? If so, that will be good for Kirk, as he had trouble keeping up last year.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

Larry, if there's any less waking, by Sunday I'll still be asleep.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

mbonner

#5 Post by mbonner »

Less walking would be fine with me, actually, thanks Larry.
Last year I waited for the tractor and trailer with the straw bales to sit on, like a real English shoot, to take me back to the clubhouse from the Farthest Reaches, but it did not show and I had to walk.
Mike

David

#6 Post by David »

How about some Somali Pirates floating dead in the water. That would make a good target presentation.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Joe Cool

LDL??

#7 Post by Joe Cool »

Yes, Kirk...you are correct. That very station is where the LDL was first officially employed last year. It seemed to work pretty well for me as I got a nine there. That strange lil' chandelle cleaned my clock though...took a five and never hit it once! :shock:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

kgb

#8 Post by kgb »

Rick, the Chandelle was one of the few I shot cleanly (on Sat or Sun). To keep the walking further limited I may just sit down at that station and shoot it with each squad that comes by until I finally miss one. I heard Larry B got so aggravated last year he shot half a box at that target until he got it grooved.

I might just hang out to watch when he comes by to shoot his few ounces of sour grapes at it this year.

kgb

Bluerock Brimley

Re: Any special target presentations?

#9 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

kgb wrote:...ground-swat some stationary targets Texas-style...
Kirk, we have to be careful setting up scenarios "Texas-style"--- we'd have an obligatory station where one starts squatting behind a tree with their pants around their ankles to simulate the "reality" of a hunt. A prudent person never trusts having their pants around their ankles when there are Texans in the vicinity! :lol:
:oops: sorry, that was bad.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Bruce Day

#10 Post by Bruce Day »

OK, I'll bite, but I'll come up in my own car. I've made reservations outside town and I'll bring my best Marlin bolt action shotgun. I'll come up Friday afternoon.

Do I need to send reservation money to somebody?

Bring about 1-2 cases of shells?

steve voss

#11 Post by steve voss »

Bruce Day wrote:Do I need to send reservation money to somebody?
To Digger if you really want to, but you really need to 'sound off' so Stack gets your steak ordered.

sv

PS: glad you're coming. :D :D :D :D:D
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Digger

#12 Post by Digger »

Don't pick on my spelling.We all know I'm bad.

Digger

#13 Post by Digger »

Please do not send money , just bring it with you.As for the number of people, that I do need .

wingshooter

#14 Post by wingshooter »

Too late- already sent you a money order.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Colonel Brown

#15 Post by Colonel Brown »

Digger, pumpgun Bill Layman insists . . . we MUST have rabbits!

Chandelle . . . Kirk, you got bad info. I never got that SOB grooved, although I may well have shot half a box of shells at it.