99 Bottles

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

#16 Post by kgb »

Ah, the extra u and e were influences of the Brits. Chopin is made from potatoes, I believe. Belvedere is made from rye. The Komandirskaya is made from "elite wheat", and is a Russian export. A friend got it from a friend just returned from Russia, and while he likes the bottle the contents don't do anything for him. I'm helping him with the de-bottling process. There will be plenty left if you'd like to try.

kgb

wingshooter

#17 Post by wingshooter »

Sorry Kirk, wrong Mike I guess.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Brent XVI'er

#18 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Rockie's Dog Pen Port is a rather heady fermentation. I was first trick..ur persuaded to try it when we were getting ready for the Standing Rock hunt in South Dakota. Rockie claims that the wild Muscadine Grapes of a certain local in Texas, had found its way into his vintner's hands. How could I refuse a sampling? When he pulled a nondescript 5 gallon plastic paint bucket with the label saying "Sherwin Williams" from under the dust covered snooker table in his shop, I had pause to reconsider my enthusiastic keenness to sample said "wine". After scraping a goodly amount of dust from the lid, he proceeded to tap the plastic cask with his grimy fingers in the ringed bung. I exclaimed that we hadn't a proper goblet to sample such a rare brew, but my protestations fell on a deaf ear. Hastily producing a dirty red plastic cup( why is everything plastic?) he said- and I quote" Thiss'l put hair on your chest!"

I retorted that I had plenty of manly hair on my pectorals, but this did not phase his anxious anticipation of my partaking of his lethal...ur luxuriant vintage. As to the age of his elixir, his claim of " 3 or 4 years.", did little to quell my rising concerns. He jugged a generous dollop into the cup and presented it to me as if it were the finest Dom Perignon. My fevered brain began to conjure up a multitude of excuses for not sampling this dark liquid, but in keeping with proper Texian etiquette, I laid back my ears and swallowed a portion.

Not too bad once you swallow, I thought. Then the aftertaste hit. It didn't, quite frankly, taste as bad as the fetid pond mud I had sampled by accident in my distant youth. Nor did it tase like the burned rubber truck bed liner that I accidentally caught on fire, and had to smell for a week while a new one was ordered. It did, however, remind me of an incident with a Habenero pepper several years back when I tried to get more zip in my home made salsa. It did leave me speachless. :wink:
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

postoak

#19 Post by postoak »

Brent - see I told ya it was good stuff !
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"