99 Bottles

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

99 Bottles

#1 Post by kgb »

There will be enough Scotch Bourbon, and apparently Rye, whisk(y, ie, e, whatever) at Flatwater 09, and I intend to again bring red wine. In years past Terry Boyer brought along region-specific wine as well and we seemed to have plenty.

I'll plan on making it 6 bottles this year unless someone else desires and brings along a bottle of two of their own favorite! Bogle Old Vine Zinfandel and Petite Sirah.

kgb

Stackbarrel16

#2 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Tiny and Brown both also bring wine for the Saturday meal. It's a fine thing you 3 do.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#3 Post by steve voss »

Yes, thank to all.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

postoak

#4 Post by postoak »

Hey I'll bring some of my Dog Pen Port - ask Brent about it's delicate savoryness.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Colonel Brown

#5 Post by Colonel Brown »

More wine will be coming again this year, with the Iowegian detachment. Except Stew LeBlanc's car, which will be overloaded with rye.

Bluerock Brimley

#6 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

I'll bring some well aged, fine, 2-buck Chuck (it's actually $3 now)--real corks and all!!
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

kgb

#7 Post by kgb »

I may then back down a couple bottles and add some Jim Beam Rye.

kgb

mbonner

#8 Post by mbonner »

Canadian wine has come a long way since the Baby Duck and Gimli Goose winery closed down 30 years ago in Manitoba. No vineyards here, trucked in in semi tankers. We called one plonk and the other plonque as it was less ghastly
I'll bring a bottle of the best Canadian red I can find and I think those wine lovers anong us will enjoy it.
Mike

Colonel Brown

#9 Post by Colonel Brown »

Mike, don't tell the customs guys you're carrying Canadian red when you cross the border. They may do a thorough search of your vehicle for a concealed Canuck Commie.

mbonner

#10 Post by mbonner »

Nah, they just ask if you have any cigarettes, they seem more concerned with those than anything else. I just say 2 bottles of wine and a 40oz of Absoulute vodka. I hardly look like I'm bringing in Commie stuff, not that there is much around here since I have finished off the bottle of Cuban rum she brought back, really good stuff.
I hear your Prez will let you Yanks into Cuba, God forbid! Hotel space is barely enough right now for us Russian, Canadian, and former Soviet bloc folks, there is not room for you guys, so please leave us one holiday place to go which is USA tourist free!!!!!! Please!!!!!!
Mikey

wingshooter

#11 Post by wingshooter »

kgb wrote:I may then back down a couple bottles and add some Jim Beam Rye.

kgb
Don't do that- there's always plenty of lacquer thinner on the table.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

kgb

#12 Post by kgb »

WS, if you next say you find Wild Turkey Rye superior to Jim Beam Rye, may ice cubes find their way into your Speedo. While you're wearing it.

Mike, I don't think I've yet brought a bottle of Belvedere to Flatwater, but a friend just gave me a bottle of Komandirskaya (and a bottle of Absolut, as they spell it on the version exported to central North America) that I can bring for you to try if interested.

kgb

Bluerock Brimley

#13 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

mbonner wrote:...I hear your Prez will let you Yanks into Cuba, God forbid! Hotel space is barely enough right now for us Russian, Canadian, and former Soviet bloc folks, there is not room for you guys, so please leave us one holiday place to go which is USA tourist free!!!!!! Please!!!!!!
Mikey
Enjoying vacationing in a location that has seen no basic improvement or cultural evolution since 1957 explains why you like coming to Nebraska for the Flatwater. :oops:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

wingshooter

#14 Post by wingshooter »

kgb wrote: Mike, I don't think I've yet brought a bottle of Belvedere to Flatwater, but a friend just gave me a bottle of Komandirskaya (and a bottle of Absolut, as they spell it on the version exported to central North America) that I can bring for you to try if interested.

kgb
Kirk-

I wouldn't know a Jim Beam from a glu lam. I know I like a good cab or merlot, and a pint a' bitter. Beyond that, I'll leave the serious taste testing to others.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

mbonner

#15 Post by mbonner »

Kirk, well, yes, it's Absolut here as well, I mis-spelled it. That is the most commonly found vodka up here along with Smirnoff
We can get a Polish kind made from potatoes, it's one of the smoothest vodkas I ever tried. It's called Luksusowa. Can you buy that in the US?Maybe I'll bring a bottle of that for our vodka lovers. Where does Komandirskaya come from?
I've not seen that. 2 weeks to go!
Mike