When I'm at Flatwater, I want to shoot a ....

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Steve007

When I'm at Flatwater, I want to shoot a ....

#1 Post by Steve007 »

One of the nice things about Flatwater is the opportunity to shoot different guns, possibly with an eye to buying one and possibly not. I have shot strange guns there ranging from a Darne to Fabarms to pumps to a Rizzini. And a memorable 10-gauge, too. :shock: Sometimes this resulted in a purchase, sometimes just an experience.

What would you like to shoot at Flatwater? What have you always wanted to try? (Um, guns, I mean. :shock: ) What are you considering purchasing, but have never shot?

I'm bringing my new (to me) 30" Superposed and want to shoot Dustin's 28" Super of the same type. I'll also bring my fine 28" 20g Guerini Magnus if case anyone wants to shoot it.

How 'bout you? What are you hoping someone will bring to Flatwater and would be willing to let you shoot?

esetters74

#2 Post by esetters74 »

I wouldnt mind shooting that sidelever Grant hammergun..again 8) and if anyone has a SuperBritte, Darne model C, Charlin, Woodward automatic hammerless, a island lock Purdey, or even better yet...a newly built Greener G-gun, I wouldnt mind popping some caps thru those either. :shock: So, if you got em...bring em!

I hope I can get the time off and make it this year.

Dustin

Brent XVI'er

#3 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Dustin and Steve: I hope you both will be in attendance! I want to shoot true pairs with a bolt gun! And, :wink: I want to shoot Mike's " Beaver Cleaver" SxS!( Mathers of Dundee) :lol:

And, :wink: Kirk's 16 bore 21!
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

postoak

#4 Post by postoak »

I want to shoot my Model 40 Skeet Gun - I have not fired it yet. 8)
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

steve voss

#5 Post by steve voss »

I want to shoot a certain 1886 Boswell 28 gauge hammergun.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Bluestem

#6 Post by Bluestem »

I want to shoot my own targets (Voss!).

mbonner

#7 Post by mbonner »

Beaver Cleaver, 16 Brent?? More like a Haggis blaster. it was sold in the Land of the Kilt, you know. I'm loading up some 2 1/4 low pressure loads for those who would like to shoot the very pretty BLNE Mathers O' Dundee!
Not long now, looking for some Calvados to bring for the curious.
I had my RX7, an 88 convertible, our summer tourer, in the shop today, check up, new belts, new hoses, and a hard wire for the Beltronics stealth radar detector, so no ugly fat coiled cable for them to see. I know there is more and more "instant on" radar, buy if they zap the guy in front of you, well, it will help. North Dakota Highway Patrol, cars are brown, not much help to a Canadian who is tuned in to RCMP white
Mike

Stackbarrel16

#8 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Nebraska state patrol is white, blue, brown/taupe, silver or gray. Hope that helps.
Rand Paul 2016

Bluerock Brimley

#9 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

"When I'm at Flatwater, I want to shoot...."

.....with my eyes closed----Tiny's wearing Speedo!!! :shock:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

mbonner

#10 Post by mbonner »

Thank you, Stack, had no idea the cops had all these HP car colours. Anyway I have cruise control on this car, less likelyhood of drifting over the limit.
Mike

steve voss

#11 Post by steve voss »

Mike, the NSP will give you four over...no more.

HTH, sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#12 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

I always look for the roof lights and reflective stickers as opposed to color. But it's amazing how many people look for the color alone.
Rand Paul 2016

Colonel Brown

#13 Post by Colonel Brown »

Tiny really wants to shoot a speedgoat. But there won't be any at Flatwater, and they wouldn't be in season anyhow.

Brent, I used to shoot skeet with a guy who shot with a bolt action. He could break the doubles about half the time.

mbonner

#14 Post by mbonner »

I must have led a really sheltered life, guys, what in heck is a Speedo?
By the way, I found a broad minded Ducks Unlimited member who owns a printshop up here and he will run off 20 posters of the NSSA Skeet girl. Should I declare them at the US Border? Should I bring some to The Flatwater?
What do youse guys think?? Should I get more printed, only 2 bucks CDN apiece.
Mike

wingshooter

#15 Post by wingshooter »

mbonner wrote:I must have led a really sheltered life, guys, what in heck is a Speedo?
What some of us use instead of a radar detector.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM