Templeton Rye orders

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Colonel Brown

Templeton Rye orders

#1 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stew LeBlanc brought the Templeton Rye last year, which turned out to be quite popular. He'll be bringing a bottle again this year. However, his computer currently being TU, he asked me to inquire whether any attendees would like him to bring a bottle for them. (Stack, you're already covered.) Cost will be approximately $35/bottle with no profit to the rum-runner--or so he says. :) If there are enough orders to make up a case, the price may be reduced as a result.

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

One for me, please.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#3 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

It's very important to note the Templeton Rye is absolutely fucking awesome. In it's way it is at least as fanastic a libation as any 12+ year old Scotch or the best Bourbons. Seriously.
Rand Paul 2016

kgb

#4 Post by kgb »

Shortly before exiting Iowa on I-80, at what should be Exit 5 just before the highway merges with I-29, is the Mall of the Bluffs. As I-80 goes from a right hand curve to a left hand curve, the exit dumps you right onto Madison Avenue and a few blocks north of that is a Hy-Vee that carries Templeton Rye. If you need to pick some up at the last minute, there ya go! My wife and I toured the Templeton distillery last year, nice little setup about 30 miles north of I-80. A friend who lives pretty close knows some people that know some people who can get some "special" samplings of TR. I think it has some husk in it you don't get in the regular production line. Or maybe it's Crown or Fleischmann's. Hard to tell.

kgb

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

I would like a bottle !
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

mbonner

#6 Post by mbonner »

I'd like to try an American libation with so many devotees!
Please bring one for me, I might get lost looking for the local dispensary.
All gun papers approved by ATF, money put by in $USD.
Good to go, RX7 in for a service, got time off, looking forward to the Flatwater!
My wife just got back from a week in Cuba, she just sat on the beach, enjoyed herself, a real cheap holiday, what she needed after a crappy cold winter up here.
So her friends ask her why her husband did'nt go with her to Cuba, she told them " he's saving up for Nebraska" . Stunned looks from her teacher colleagues. "Nebraska?"
Yes Nebraska
Mike

jerry6stl

#7 Post by jerry6stl »

Please add one bottle for me.

JERRY GOLDSTEIN

BirddogBrewer

#8 Post by BirddogBrewer »

I'll take one. Would he like us to send him funds?
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin

Colonel Brown

#9 Post by Colonel Brown »

No funds required in advance. He'll cheat you out of them . . . er, collect . . . at Flatwater.

Mike, you didn't tell me your wife was going to Cuba. I have this old vial of shellfish toxin, haven't had a use for it in years. She could've delivered it to Fidel.

Brent XVI'er

#10 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I'll have one, please sir!
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

Stackbarrel16

#11 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

I'm beginning to see why Layman and I couldn't get serious on that bottle.
Rand Paul 2016

dead pair

#12 Post by dead pair »

Put me in for one also

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#13 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Well hell.....if you guys think it's that good..........I'll take one back to the Islands with me as well! Thanks for being the purveyor. :lol: :lol:

Colonel Brown

#14 Post by Colonel Brown »

Voss has now increased his order to two. Any more for the Templeton Rye express?

BirddogBrewer

#15 Post by BirddogBrewer »

Larry if I need to get two bottles to make the case (or second one) please let LeBlanc know.

Ash
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin