The Top Ten reasons to attend Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
wingshooter

#16 Post by wingshooter »

I am planning on a spring bear hunt/fishing trip to SE Alaska, so need to fund that first
You clearly do not have your priorities straight. If you had been to just one Flatwater, you would have no conflict.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

M. R. Byrd

#17 Post by M. R. Byrd »

David wrote:M.R., good luck with the SE Alaska bear hunt. I hope you thump a big one. I hope I make it to Flatwater this year. I hope to see all of you there.
You know exactly where I am headed. :D How did the pictures turn out?
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

M. R. Byrd

#18 Post by M. R. Byrd »

wingshooter wrote:
I am planning on a spring bear hunt/fishing trip to SE Alaska, so need to fund that first
You clearly do not have your priorities straight. If you had been to just one Flatwater, you would have no conflict.
I would sure like to do both, if only for comparison. :wink:
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

Bluerock Brimley

#19 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

M. R. Byrd wrote:... I am planning on a spring bear hunt/fishing trip...

Ironically, the committee was contemplating a spring bare sporting clays side event at the Flatwater as a side event. "The committee" is basically Atticus and Voss so there's a good chance that it will happen, at least by scotch induced default. With enough scotch, bear hunting and bare shooting aren't really that far apart---why not come to the Flatwater and kill two birds with one stone (so to speak :oops: ).
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#20 Post by steve voss »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:"The committee" is basically Atticus and Voss
Jeez, I hope the committee doesn't see this. :D :D :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#21 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The committee might just enjoy the anonymity and misinformation that post provides. They are much like Charlie of Angels fame.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#22 Post by wingshooter »

side event at the Flatwater as a side event
Moats must be hitting the Merlot hard and early with this "department of redundancy department" statement. This being further demonstrated by his stupor induced mis-identification of the Flatwater Committee, known to all attendees who are somewhat sober as a single despicable despot megalomaniac rivalling Hillary in his hubris, bombast, pompousness, and general lack of story-telling prowess.

I thank you.

Please pass the tofu sauce.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#23 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

All we have for Tofu is anchovy paste, we'll happily pass it to you though.
Rand Paul 2016

Bluerock Brimley

#24 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

wingshooter wrote: Moats must be hitting the Merlot hard and early with ... his stupor induced mis-identification of the Flatwater Committee...
....hitting the Merlot had nothing to do with it, Mike--being a natural sommelier of incisive wit and piercing insight, I was simply trying to appeal to M.R.'s desire for bear/bare shooting--AND to set the record straight--I never referred to "the Flatwater Committee." I was referring to the CONS* Committee, reverentially referred to simply as "the Committee."

*Clothing Optional Naked Shooters---can you think of anyone other than Atticus and Voss that would be likely committee people? Ok, maybe Finkel. :lol:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#25 Post by steve voss »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:*Clothing Optional Naked Shooters---can you think of anyone other than Atticus and Voss that would be likely committee people? Ok, maybe Finkel. :lol:
Well, YOU for one. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Joe Cool

Options?

#26 Post by Joe Cool »

Oh a clothing optional event for Flatwater would be just peachy...but the attendance rules for that particular event would have to be amended to stipulate committee members only along with hordes of luscious ripe young women shooters. Where to find such participation is the issue?

Perhaps the event could include a ladies "novice class" and committtee members could instruct the beginners on "how to shoot straight" or some similar topic... :lol: 8)
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Bluerock Brimley

#27 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

steve voss wrote:
Bluerock Brimley wrote:*Clothing Optional Naked Shooters---can you think of anyone other than Atticus and Voss that would be likely committee people? Ok, maybe Finkel. :lol:
Well, YOU for one. :D

sv
Me??? Heavens no. At my current stage of enhancement, gravity is NOT my friend---ever since I resigned my job as a Chippendale, naked anything is, well, pretty much in my past! I simply picked the most Schwarzenegger-a-likes that attend the Flatwater that would be likely candidates.

Brent XVI'er

#28 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Pullleeeze..... I need more aiming fluid if I read any more of this thread. :P
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.

Stackbarrel16

#29 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

I'm going to pour a glass of that delightful Rye and NOT watch that squad.
Rand Paul 2016

M. R. Byrd

#30 Post by M. R. Byrd »

I oculd probably handle a little nudity, a little like at elk camp, but the thing I couldn't handle would be if the man with the "W's" or "M's"(depending on which side up) tattooed on his butt cheeks shows up naked, I am gone. Remember the "W-o-W"/ "M-o-M" thread?
Last edited by M. R. Byrd on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City