Flatwater Dates Unchanged

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Digger

Flatwater Dates Unchanged

#1 Post by Digger »

I ran into a little work issue. So we posted to see if changing the dates would be a problem . It would be ,so the dates are as always.

mbonner

#2 Post by mbonner »

Thank you, sir,
Mike

Joe Cool

Dates

#3 Post by Joe Cool »

So now we are OK on the dates.

Is the rumour that is floating around true about this year's shoot? Namely a strict NO ALCOHOL policy to be enforced this year?
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Digger

#4 Post by Digger »

Yes I have heard that rumor . :? We have a little problem , :( however at the times I am able to be there we can drink . :D

wingshooter

#5 Post by wingshooter »

I thought those actually practicing the late Jack Mitchell's analogy of not spilling the scotch on the gun mount were told it was just that- an analogy, and that they were to cease and desist said technique at the last Flatwater. Note that I mentioned no names.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

wingshooter

#6 Post by wingshooter »

Namely a strict NO ALCOHOL policy to be enforced this year?
Tonight when I mentioned the rumor of no drinking at the Flat Frat the wife asked me in all seriousness if Voss would still go.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#7 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

What rumor? The share you fav bar will always be open at the Flatwater.
Rand Paul 2016

boz03

#8 Post by boz03 »

With all the doom/gloom weather we're having here in great lakes area, I'm eagerly looking forward to The Flatwater.

There will also be sadness for me, as I have shared a room with Terry Boyer the past two years. After sharing many stories/drinks with him, he became a big part of the meeting for me.

With Terry's passing, each friendship and new acquaintance becomes all the more precious. I would urge anyone thinking of attending, to make a special effort to be there. Bill Boswell