Flatwater 09?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Joe Cool

Shoot Dates

#61 Post by Joe Cool »

Brent, ya rascal!

Well...that far ahead, it is not a certainty that any of us will be in attendance...or even still be on the planet! :shock:

But having said that and considering how work usually goes around mid-April to month's end, I would say the chances I can attend are considerably better the second week of May, for sure! :)
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Colonel Brown

#62 Post by Colonel Brown »

Why not the 2nd weekend in May? That'd work for me, but then so would the next to last weekend in April. The Iowegian detachment, since it consists of gentlemen of leisure, should not be greatly impacted by a date change. Would certainly hate to have it without Larry!

mbonner

#63 Post by mbonner »

Well, I kind of had that weekend booked, so did a lot of people. I understand that Larry may not be there on Saturday, would he be there Friday, and Sunday to get paid?
If it has to be changed, I guess I'd go with a May date, if I can work that in, but like I say, the Plan A did work so well for me......
Mike

Jake

#64 Post by Jake »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:Magas. Fireform.
As targets???? When and where????

wingshooter

#65 Post by wingshooter »

Since it is always the last weekend in April, and many plans appear made and unchangeable, I suggest the date remain the same. The good of the many, I guess, and no slight on how important Larry is. My .02.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Steve007

#66 Post by Steve007 »

wingshooter wrote:Since it is always the last weekend in April, and many plans appear made and unchangeable, I suggest the date remain the same. The good of the many, I guess, and no slight on how important Larry is. My .02.
Well, yeah. I actually turned down a public speaking invitation (for which I'd have earned enough for many cases of shells), claiming I was "already booked" that weekend.

Ole Cowboy

#67 Post by Ole Cowboy »

This is what happens when those who are running this get together even think about(which they may not have) having the date set buy a committee of those who have attended in the past. Set the damn date, stand by your guns and whoever can come, will. Those that can't, get over it! :roll: Worse than a bunch of ole maids! :P

Digger

#68 Post by Digger »

We asked.Date stays the same as always.

Colonel Brown

#69 Post by Colonel Brown »

Digger, hope you'll be around Friday and/or Sunday. As it turns out, Larry Harwood would've been a scratch the weekend prior. Something about his daughter's wedding reception . . .

Brent XVI'er

#70 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Weeeelll, alrighty then! It's a date!

Digger, will you be there on any of the days?

Our Texas contingent just might be the largest ever. :P

postoak

#71 Post by postoak »

So Don, are you riding up with me ? :D
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Brent XVI'er

#72 Post by Brent XVI'er »

C'mon, Don. We'd love to have you aboard. :D

Charles Hammack

#73 Post by Charles Hammack »

So is it final ??? the 24,25,26 ???

The Skeet Shoot is in Columbia Missouri I see on the 23-27 Hmmm .

Let me know for sure the dates .

Regards Charles

steve voss

#74 Post by steve voss »

Charles Hammack wrote:So is it final ??? the 24,25,26 ???
YES.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Brent XVI'er

#75 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Postoak, Don's not answering. This might be the time he comes. :D
The joys of shooting a 16 bore are only realized when you do it.