Flatwater 09?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Joe Cool

Flatwater

#46 Post by Joe Cool »

The essence of the Flatwater shoot can be expressed in three words...PURE SCHOOLBOY FUN!! :D
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Colonel Brown

#47 Post by Colonel Brown »

Given the birthday Hinck celebrated since last Flatwater (unless I'm misremembering the date!), he should also be significantly more mature this year.

steve voss

#48 Post by steve voss »

Larry, please remember the Flatwater motto:

"You don't have any choice about getting older, but you can stay immature for ever." :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#49 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

We are looking at having to shift it to the weekend before-17,18,19 April or to the weekend after 1,2,3 May. What would work best for everyone? We can still hold it the last weekend but the Host, Larry might have to be absent Saturday and we'd like to avoid it if possible. Please let us know so we can have as many attend as possible. We'd prefer to do it the weekend of the 18th if possible.

Cost looks to remain at $175 right now. Steak again Saturday eve as always.
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

Dates

#50 Post by Joe Cool »

First weekend in May will be MUCH better than mid-april for a number of reasons...including weather potential. :shock:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

steve voss

Re: Dates

#51 Post by steve voss »

Atticus Finch wrote:First weekend in May will be MUCH better than mid-april for a number of reasons...including weather potential. :shock:
The first Saturday in May is DERBY DAY!!!, which I will be spending with Miss Connie. I vote for a week earlier. Or another week later.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

kgb

#52 Post by kgb »

Man, more change that we didn't vote for this past year! :D

Weather's always going to be a variable, one weekend's as good as another. Or as bad?

kgb
Last edited by kgb on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stackbarrel16

#53 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The host is the reason and he's been fined 4 oz for his efforts.
Rand Paul 2016

David

#54 Post by David »

I scheduled work for the week following the traditional weekend of Flatwater in hopes that I could get there this year. That would prevent me from making it the following weekend. I would prefer the weekend before, but realize as a Flatwater newbie I don't have a weighted vote. Whatever works out, I hope to make it this year. No need to flame me. I know I've said I'd try to make it previous years. None the less, work is work.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Joe Cool

Dates

#55 Post by Joe Cool »

Yeah, David...my problem is similar.

Like most business/tax and legal consultants, April is one of my busiest months of the year. Having the shoot the last weekend in April allowed me two weeks to finalize and "paper up" client business matters in closing up books on the tax year. Any earlier in the month and it is doubtful I ever would have attended the shoot. That is why a date in May works better for me...does not have to be the first weekend, but about any other weekend in April prior to the end of the month about means I won't be able to get to the shoot.

But that is OK, it will still be a FUN event whenever you gents get to go!

David

#56 Post by David »

Is the second weekend in May a possibility? Just askin'.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Brent XVI'er

#57 Post by Brent XVI'er »

It wouldn't be Flatwater without "the Voss". :cry: :cry: How about the weekend after Derby Day?

Besides, I couldn't sleep on my favorite bed during Flatwater- His couch!

Brent XVI'er

#58 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Digger must also be present. He IS the venue.

Brent XVI'er

#59 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Atticus, you ol'scudder! Is second weekend OK for you?

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#60 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Oops......I have a meeting in Richmond the weekend before. Oh well....the best laid plans...... :(