Flatwater 09?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Colonel Brown

Flatwater 09?

#1 Post by Colonel Brown »

We're darned near halfway through Feb and no Flatwater posts yet? Hoping it's not cancelled! Seems to me Larry ought to have his request in for stimulus money to prime the pump of Syracuse NE's economy! :)

Brent XVI'er

#2 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Larry, this isn't the only BBS that has posts on Flatwater. :roll: But thanks for starting this one up! :P

Can we have our own forum like we had last year,Uncle Elia?

Please,prettyplease?

I want some of you "influential" guys to help me invite some interesting folks to our annual clambake. Besides the regulars, who do you want to see at this year's event?

Stackbarrel16

#3 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Magas. Fireform.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

obama, reid, pelosi, emmanuel.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

M. R. Byrd

#5 Post by M. R. Byrd »

I plan to be there for the first time. Looking forward to meeting those "interesting" people.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

Brent XVI'er

#6 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Steve, are these shooters or targets?

mbonner

#7 Post by mbonner »

Maynard Reece Byrd, these Flatheads, of which I am one, are way more interesting than just "interesting"
It is a cult, one manifestation is the wearing of welding gloves while working the BBQ.
I cannot reveal more until you actually attend and get the secrets given to you at your initiation into the rites.

You will never meet a nicer bunch of gentlemen in one place, I can assure you of that, with me the most gentlish, as I actually was raised on driven pheasants in England, a la "Shooting Party", so I know how to behave. Also I am the only Flatwater attendee who has ever apologised publicly on this board for for unseemly remarks uttered toward the attire of a fellow attendee.
If you can make it, then you are welcome, just remember to bring some sippin' liniment with you!

I am supposing this year's Flatwater is proceeding, in fact I was going to post about this, but Mr Brown beat me to it.

So I guess we should get the 2009 confirmed, so we can make arrangements to take time off to attend.

Mike

postoak

#8 Post by postoak »

Mr. Bonner - you better get started on obtaining your "Shooting Visa" :D

XVIer has your liver healed from the trip home ? :lol:
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#9 Post by Pancho McTavish »

I'm hoping there is a "Greatest Distance Traveled to Flatwater" award this year. :wink: :lol:

I'm also hoping for an upgrade for my corpulent body on the flight back there! :lol: 'Course, if I don't get it, a jet-lagged, old and stiff guy with bad knees might be a decent excuse for missing a few targets. :?

M. R. Byrd

#10 Post by M. R. Byrd »

mbonner wrote:If you can make it, then you are welcome, just remember to bring some sippin' liniment with you!
I, for one, don't travel far without a drink, a drink that has a beautiful caramel color and goes down so smooth when over the rocks.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

David

#11 Post by David »

M. R. Byrd wrote:I, for one, don't travel far without a drink, a drink that has a beautiful caramel color and goes down so smooth when over the rocks.
That could account for those eyes, eh? :shock:
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

M. R. Byrd

#12 Post by M. R. Byrd »

David wrote:
M. R. Byrd wrote:I, for one, don't travel far without a drink, a drink that has a beautiful caramel color and goes down so smooth when over the rocks.
That could account for those eyes, eh? :shock:
Oh, those eyes. I can explain, someone sweetened my Lipton that day. It won't happen again.
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

Joe Cool

Flatwater

#13 Post by Joe Cool »

Maynard...you think you will meet "interesting people" at the Flatwater?? Let me be honest and disabuse you of that notion right up front so you won't be disappointed.

What the Flatwater crew are...are ANIMALS!! Yes...ANIMALS!! I have even observed a few in the wild wearin' COWBELLS!!! I shit you not!

May the Lord have mercy on our souls! :lol: :lol:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

mark

#14 Post by mark »

when is it?

Colonel Brown

#15 Post by Colonel Brown »

Traditionally the last weekend of April. Voss and Stack can confirm.