Flatwater Epilogue

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
wingshooter

Flatwater Epilogue

#1 Post by wingshooter »

I simply can't go on a trip and not forget something, either at origin or (usually) destination. In a conversation with Brent (XVI) about my glasses left in the Jeep, he mentioned the drive home with Rockie (post oak). Seems they were pullin' my leg. We aren't on the road very long before Brent pulls out a fifth (quart, keg- I don't know, don't drink the stuff) of Wild Turkey. He pours a little into Rockie's travel mug, and then draws off a little for himself. This goes on for an hour or two until this dynamic drinking duo has polished off the whole bottle. Mind you, I am watching closely how Rockie is driving, and experiencing some back seat wonder as to how well these two hold their liquor. Once the bottle was opened I was ready at the first sign of insobriety to offer to drive. None presented itself.

Brent told me just recently that they had filled the bottle with tea.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

postoak

#2 Post by postoak »

Me be party to a prank like that ? :lol:

Brent and I figured Tiny would be all over us like a Duck on a June Bug, but he was calm as a cucumber during the hours long prank, then I thought Tiny has little first hand experience with Bourbon and it's effects, or he thinks Brent and I are raging Alcoholics who can hold their Likker :D i

Chuck Graber

#3 Post by Chuck Graber »

postoak wrote:Me be party to a prank like that ? :lol:
Rocky, you are now my hero! :lol: :wink:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

kgb

#4 Post by kgb »

What a calm quasi-texan is Tiny!! You'd have gotten the desired rise out of me, based on prior experience, in all likelihood. That IS a good trick, though!

kgb

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

Now that Brent has spilled the beans, I can inform y'all that the next version would have involved Oreagano and rolling papers - oh well.

Brent XVI'er

#6 Post by Brent XVI'er »

It also could have been due to the vino that Tiny imbibed prior to our departure, that dulled his senses to the prank. Regardless, he shall be remembered for the polite non-intervention- feigned or otherwise.

Brent XVI'er

#7 Post by Brent XVI'er »

It also could have been due to the vino that Tiny imbibed prior to our departure, that dulled his senses to the prank. Regardless, he shall be remembered for the polite non-intervention- feigned or otherwise.

wingshooter

#8 Post by wingshooter »

Methinks you are inbibing of the vino, with the double posts.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Brent XVI'er

#9 Post by Brent XVI'er »

It posted when I previewed it. :?