Tiny at the Forge

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Bill Layman

Tiny at the Forge

#1 Post by Bill Layman »

sd/mt pga pro

#2 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

There is only two things that I can say about the subject matter.

That is a pan full of prime beef and letting Tiny around with it a fork is like allowing the fox to guard the chickens.
BC

Bill Layman

How many Larry Browns does it take to open a wine bottle?

#3 Post by Bill Layman »

Portside in the background is sharing the mirth.

David

Re: Tiny at the Forge

#4 Post by David »

Bill Layman wrote: Image
Mike, it looks like the flames got away from the grill and burned a little ground behind you. When I close this topic, it take a few seconds for the smoke on my computer screen to clear. :lol:
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Stackbarrel16

#5 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

***NOTE*** LB was unable to work the mechanical leverage corkscrew and he couldn't pull it out with his upper body strength. No matter I fixed it for him and showed him the use of the leverage tool.
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

The Smithy

#6 Post by Joe Cool »

With TREMENDOUS apologies to H.W. Longfellow:

The Flatwater Smith

On Grandpa's Sporting Acres,
the Grill and Smithy stands,
the smith a TINY man is he,
with gnarled UNcheckered hands! :P
And in his hands there is a BEER
his apron now adorns a deer! :shock:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

steve voss

#7 Post by steve voss »

Tiny later confided that the leather welder's gloves were the best thing he's EVER brought to Flatwater. :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#8 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Brought to Flatwater or left at Flatwater?
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#9 Post by steve voss »

Brought. As you'll recall Tiny didn't leave anything behind this year, he only thought he did.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

TMBoyer

#10 Post by TMBoyer »

steve voss wrote:Tiny later confided that the leather welder's gloves were the best thing he's EVER brought to Flatwater. :D

sv
Of course, they improved his grip while handling the non-checkered handles of the fork and the tong.

Since these gave him control and a good grip on a non-checkered surface, one must wonder if Tiny continues with his bias against checkering, might we see these as part of his 'shooting apparel' on the course next year? :?
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

Digger

#11 Post by Digger »

Gentelmen ! Please stop picking on the Chef. Tiny has become a master Chef at the Flatwater. And we do not want to lose him. The steaks he prepared were great.The only complant that came in was quickly tossed to the trash.We very much thank Sir Tiny for his help .This gentelman has proved what the Flatwater is about.We come to have fun.

wingshooter

#12 Post by wingshooter »

Ha! I didn't even bribe Larry to say that (since his bottle of tequilla has NOT yet been delivered :evil: ). The gloves really were a Godsend- last year the hair was singed half way up my arms. Truth be told, Larry had a new regulator for the grill that we didn't get around to putting on, and the grill was either Dante's inferno or the burners went out. The fat on those strips made it extra challenging. I gave my driver a steak that was cooked way past what he wanted, and if there were others not done properly I do apologize. I really do smile more at Flatwater, but the last shot had me trying to recover from a face full of smoke for the last 30 or 40 minutes. I'm already planning my arrival attire for '09, and my grilling attire (assuming I am not fired) will probably be a full fireman's suit with oxygen mask. Maybe Wes can help with that...
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

kgb

#13 Post by kgb »

A Top Fuel driver's suit (Big Daddy '60's style) would work as well or better. I have no steak complaints, mine was as desired and for that I remain grateful.

kgb

wingshooter

#14 Post by wingshooter »

Hang in there, Larry- I received a secret message stating your tequilla should be delivered soon...
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Colonel Brown

#15 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:***NOTE*** LB was unable to work the mechanical leverage corkscrew and he couldn't pull it out with his upper body strength. No matter I fixed it for him and showed him the use of the leverage tool.
Only appropriate, Stack. Officers are used to having their wine opened for them, at the O Club, by some enlisted puke who's working part time to make a few extra bucks--or said enlisted puke's wife, mistress, teenage child, etc. :)

Sorta like the remark the American made at Purdey's, when he had difficulty closing a self-opener and remarked: "Wow, this gun is hard to close!" To which the gentleman at Purdey's replied: "Sir, our clients don't close their own guns."