Your favorite wise-crack heard at the Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

#46 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:Ah, still have to bend over to get it past the zipper to pee I see.
Besides my great talent, one of the reasons I shoot so well is the constant practice I get from peeing THROUGH my zipper. :oops: :cry: :roll:

However, when it really counts, I could win World Championships for percent of increase. :!: :!: :!:

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#47 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stack, by the sound of some of those 16ga loads you were shooting, you need to issue a special invitation to 16 Gauge Guy next year--to give you tutorials in reloading.

wingshooter

#48 Post by wingshooter »

"That mount was uglier than a bagful of
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#49 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Ah yes throwing stones about gun mount when one needs Voss' ever present unasked for coaching in a serious way...

As for Voss you boast about 2 3/4"?

Funny Larry B, they may have sounded different but, then mine were breaking targets. :lol:
Rand Paul 2016

Colonel Brown

#50 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:
Funny Larry B, they may have sounded different but, then mine were breaking targets. :lol:
Right . . . this former intel type remembers clearly how you "ran" the chandelle, Stack. Just like I did! :)

Stackbarrel16

#51 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

I did say "excepting those fucking chandelles" earlier in this thread. :lol:

As for the sound it comes from overpowder wads. As you know from 16 Gauge Guy any puffed wheat or a pinto bean will blow the patterns and raise pressures precipitously. :roll:

Maybe next year Chas. will have the wads out and we will finally see a decent pattern from a 16.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#52 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:As for Voss you boast about 2 3/4"?
Again, you weren't paying attention, 2.5" is all I've got.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Bluerock Brimley

#53 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Chuck Graber wrote:...BTW; I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what an RBL has that a Gold label doesn't.
Ah, Chuck, you're just trying to bait me---well, it worked. Hard to wax with Voss-like verbocity when I'm overwhelmed with ambivalence toward my RBL and vehemence against all things Ruger. For sure an RBL will feel less at home in a gun room decorated with velvet paintings of Elvis or dogs playing poker--and although the gold label would be the best gun in it's owners trailer park, the RBL probably won't be the best gun in it's owners subdivision--beyond that, I don't know. Does that give them equal footing?? :lol:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Stackbarrel16

#54 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Well the RBL is the progeny of a design that works.
Rand Paul 2016

Stackbarrel16

#55 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The RBL can successfully be manufactured to the tune of 2500 units or more possibly? (in all fairness there are thousands of SKB's out there which should count)
Rand Paul 2016

Chuck Graber

#56 Post by Chuck Graber »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:
Chuck Graber wrote:...BTW; I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what an RBL has that a Gold label doesn't.
Ah, Chuck, you're just trying to bait me---well, it worked. Hard to wax with Voss-like verbocity when I'm overwhelmed with ambivalence toward my RBL and vehemence against all things Ruger. For sure an RBL will feel less at home in a gun room decorated with velvet paintings of Elvis or dogs playing poker--and although the gold label would be the best gun in it's owners trailer park, the RBL probably won't be the best gun in it's owners subdivision--beyond that, I don't know. Does that give them equal footing?? :lol:
Actually I quite agree with you on the subject of Ruger shotguns. I have no use for either a red label or gold label. Plastic trigger guards, Plastic mid ribs and doubles that fall open when the lever is openned are not my idea of a decent double. :roll:

The M77 rifles are quite another matter. They have many of the best design features of the Mauser and Winchester Model 70 pre-64 rifles at a reasonable price point. The only drawback to them in my opinion is that there is some variability in the accuracy of the rifles. Some are real shooters and some have trouble staying on a pie plate at 100yds.

Personally I am fairly proud of my M77RL in .257 Roberts. This one shoots about 1-1/4" at 100yds with my current hand loads and I think I can get some more out of it.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Stackbarrel16

#57 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

H4350 at 46.5 grains and any 100 you choose to use including the TSX.
Rand Paul 2016

Chuck Graber

#58 Post by Chuck Graber »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:H4350 at 46.5 grains and any 100 you choose to use including the TSX.
Yup, that ones is high on the list of things to try!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

wingshooter

#59 Post by wingshooter »

Back on topic...

"That does it. NO food AT ALL for you."
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Colonel Brown

#60 Post by Colonel Brown »

Chuck, Purdeys fall open when you trip the toplever. You criticizing the Gold Label for being a self-opener? :)

Of course that leads to the famous story about the American who stopped in at Purdey's. He was examining one of their guns and found that--as are all self-openers--it took a bit more effort to close. So he asked the gentleman at Purdey's: "Don't your customers complain about how hard it is to close your gun?" "Sir," replied the fellow at Purdey's, "OUR customers don't close their own guns."