Your favorite wise-crack heard at the Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Chuck Graber

#31 Post by Chuck Graber »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:Gravitas?
Weight? :?
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

steve voss

#32 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:As for Voss yeah he's nearly insufferable :lol: I shot the second day quite respectably with the 16, excepting those fucking chandelles.
Thanks for the 'nearly.' :cry: Yeah, those chandelles. All three days I broke three sets of true doubles in a row at that station and then sat down 'cause I was bored. Obviously, if you'd shoot a properly set up gun (SxS) you wouldn't suck so bad.

Love, sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#33 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

JJE, I know it would have really pissed you off but, had you been there instead of trying to purchase permanent shelter, you would have lost the beauty contest to a lime green unit. We missed you however and demand you quit making up excuses next year.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#34 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:JJE, I know it would have really pissed you off but, had you been there instead of trying to purchase permanent shelter, you would have lost the beauty contest to a lime green unit. We missed you however and demand you quit making up excuses next year.
What he said.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#35 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

steve voss wrote:
All three days I broke three sets of true doubles in a row at that station
Ah so you never completed the station, thanks.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#36 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:Ah so you never completed the station, thanks.
Nobody would expect one to waste valuable shells shooting such an elementary set of targets. I saved my ammunition for showing those who were interested in improving themselves how to break the high, crossing pair off the dam at Station 6. Once done with that pedestrian task, I moved back another 20 yards or so to make them interesting.

Your hero, sv

Chuck Graber

#37 Post by Chuck Graber »

steve voss wrote:
Stackbarrel16 wrote:Ah so you never completed the station, thanks.
Nobody would expect one to waste valuable shells shooting such an elementary set of targets. I saved my ammunition for showing those who were interested in improving themselves how to break the high, crossing pair off the dam at Station 6. Once done with that pedestrian task, I moved back another 20 yards or so to make them interesting.

Your hero, sv
From one who claims to have an "unfettered mind"! I think I finally figured out that it is evidently unfettered by what Stephen Colbert calls "Truthiness"! :lol: :P
Last edited by Chuck Graber on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve voss

#38 Post by steve voss »

Chuck, you are close, but still mistaken. What I actually have is an 'unfettered ego.' :lol: :wink: 8)

sv

Chuck Graber

#39 Post by Chuck Graber »

steve voss wrote:Chuck, you are close, but still mistaken. What I actually have is an 'unfettered ego.' :lol: :wink: 8)

sv
Now that has the ring of truthiness!!!! :lol:

steve voss

#40 Post by steve voss »

Chuck Graber wrote:
steve voss wrote:Chuck, you are close, but still mistaken. What I actually have is an 'unfettered ego.' :lol: :wink: 8)

sv
Now that has the ring of truthiness!!!! :lol:
My life motto is, "It's ok to be full of it as long as you know it." The most crap we take in life comes from those who are full of it and don't know it. I am more full of it than about anybody I know. It makes life fun. :!:

sv

Stackbarrel16

#41 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

A VEL (Voss ego lead) is farther than a LDL, exponentially.
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#42 Post by steve voss »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:A VEL (Voss ego lead) is farther than a LDL, exponentially.
That is a good, but not great comeback. Do try to keep up.

Your hero, sv

jerry6stl

#43 Post by jerry6stl »

Mr. Graber:

The question is not: "What an RBL has, that a Gold Label lacks..."

The proper question is: "What a Gold label has, that an RBL lacks..."

And the answers are:

a. Over one pound less weight

b. 12 gauge chambers, when 20 is enough

c. not enough triggers

d. lots of gaps in the inletting

e. still being manufactured

f. an absence of attractive engraving

...and probably other features!

Now, if I could just figure out how to properly shoot my RBL...

JERRY

steve voss

#44 Post by steve voss »

This one was discussed many times at Flatwater 2008. The Executive Committee has a new "nom-de-net," Torque. :D 8) :lol:
Chuck Graber wrote:... and the grand Inquisitor

Scott de Torquemada

Torquemada - do not beg him for mercy.
Torquemada - do not ask him for forgiveness.
Let's face it - you can't Torquemada anything!

Stackbarrel16

#45 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Ah, still have to bend over to get it past the zipper to pee I see.
Rand Paul 2016