Your favorite wise-crack heard at the Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Slowhand

#16 Post by Slowhand »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:Larry described the grip on a gun like "gripping Hilary's ankle." Ouch
Was he holding an RBL perhaps?

Stackbarrel16

#17 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

There were some light 12's there.
Rand Paul 2016

Bluerock Brimley

#18 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:There were some light 12's there.
If by "light 12's" you mean the ammo instead of the guns, the guys shooting 7/8 oz 12's did so simply to show up the 16 ga. guys, which they did quite handily on the squads that I observed. :lol: Of course a couple of the 16 ga. guys from Nebraska that I observed could have been bested with a handfull of gravel and a wrist rocket-- :shock: -- let the fun begin-- :lol:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

steve voss

#19 Post by steve voss »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:Of course a couple of the 16 ga. guys from Nebraska that I observed could have been bested with a handfull of gravel and a wrist rocket--
Probably......but not with that old POS you were shooting. Don't you ever get embarrassed? The only thing you hit solid the entire weekend was the cow bell.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

kgb

#20 Post by kgb »

Mine was on station 6 (I Think). The High crossers. Atticus was giving lead advice, described as LDL. "Lawyers Dick Lead" I think Boyer was going to loose his senses!
The exact quote escapes me, but following that LDL description (I thought it was something like "2 feet"), someone else piped in with "How could you tell how long it is, there's usually only the last 2 inches of it sticking out of someone else's ass!"

Bluerock Brimley

#21 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

steve voss wrote:...but not with that old POS you were shooting. Don't you ever get embarrassed? The only thing you hit solid the entire weekend was the cow bell.

sv
Just my basic innate graciousness to carefully select firearms so as to avoid rubbing the hoi poloi's nose in their own common-ness Steve. You know, when shooting with people who are so pedestrian as to actually shoot a Spanish gun in a deviant gauge in public, simply wearing matching socks can be considered snooty! :lol: BTW, which POS are you referring to?? I take great pride in the fact that most of the guns that I shot this weekend cost less than the recoil pads on many of the other shooter's guns being used.

You have to admit that I did hit the bell solidly tho.

Oops, I almost forgot---I'd like to thank everyone that attended Flatwater this year for your discretion in NOT bringing any Rugers--it made for a MUCH more enjoyable weekend. Realizing that the forecast was for rain and mud, it had to take great restraint to leave your mud guns at home, but I thank you.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

kgb

#22 Post by kgb »

I don't know, I kinda liked the M77RL in .257 Roberts. Not a bad Ruger at all.

kgb

Bluerock Brimley

#23 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

kgb wrote:I don't know, I kinda liked the M77RL in .257 Roberts. Not a bad Ruger at all.

kgb
Fortunately who ever brought it had the good taste to leave it in the parking lot (probably wrapped in a brown paper wrapper). I'm sure that whomever the offending party was would appreciate anonymity.

BTW Kirk, it just dawned on me that I should make special reference that I was NOT referring to you as one of the Nebraska 16 ga. guys in my earlier entry--you bring class to what and where ever you are.

Bluestem

Re: Your favorite wise-crack heard at the Flatwater

#24 Post by Bluestem »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:Stack was flailing (that's a technical shooting term) away at a chandelle bird without alot of luck. When he finally hit it, the crowd applauded. One of the greater intellects in the crowd said, "it's like seeing a cripple in the special olympics cross the finish line--it just makes you feel good to see it happen."
That line contributed to a Flatwater miracle: It left Stack (temporarily) speechless.

I'll add that Voss and Brimley could take their act on the road and start charging admission to join their squad. It's like listening to an old "Honeymooners" episode while you are trying to shoot those damn chandelles.

BirddogBrewer

#25 Post by BirddogBrewer »

TMBoyer wrote:I turned to Mike and said:

One of these days Steve will say: "I just flat-assed missed that bird."

Mike's reply:

"Yes, and you'll look up and see a pig flying overhead."

I fell off of the shooting bench laughing and the more Steve kept asking:
"What's so funny?" The more I laughed.
ROFL!!!!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin

Joe Cool

Lead?

#26 Post by Joe Cool »

Well as to the lawyer's dick lead...

A tape measure might lead to disappointment all round. :shock: :oops:

Naaahhh! Why should the lying stop just because the shoot is over? It IS a 4 1/2 foot lead! That's my story and I'm sticking to it your honor, or my name is not William Jefferson Clinton!! :P :wink:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Stackbarrel16

#27 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

So just how far will a lawyer's wife roll down a window when asked to do so 6 inches?

As for Voss yeah he's nearly insufferable :lol: I shot the second day quite respectably with the 16, excepting those fucking chandelles. Better I might say than with the 28 and as well as Bluestem (who took extra practice at them with the same gun both days). We won't discuss Brown or the rest of the Iowa contingent so they'll come back next year.

My fav was Brown trying to jump squads at station 9 and start shooting early, my squad lined up in a skirmish line apparently out of Browns limited range of vision and when he finally got to have his turn evaporated the target some 10 ft off the trap with volley fire much to his surprise. The look was a mastercard moment.
Rand Paul 2016

Chuck Graber

#28 Post by Chuck Graber »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:
kgb wrote:I don't know, I kinda liked the M77RL in .257 Roberts. Not a bad Ruger at all.

kgb
Fortunately who ever brought it had the good taste to leave it in the parking lot (probably wrapped in a brown paper wrapper). I'm sure that whomever the offending party was would appreciate anonymity.

BTW Kirk, it just dawned on me that I should make special reference that I was NOT referring to you as one of the Nebraska 16 ga. guys in my earlier entry--you bring class to what and where ever you are.
Thankfully nobody brought in any of those Single Action Cowpoker Wannabe pop guns! :roll: :P

BTW; I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what an RBL has that a Gold label doesn't.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Stackbarrel16

#29 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Gravitas?
Rand Paul 2016

Jacob Jesus Escape'

#30 Post by Jacob Jesus Escape' »

I am glad that the spirit of the Flatwater persists. The abundance of its giving is in direct relationship and proportion to the character and the characters of its inception, being and continuance. There is nothing subtle about its goodness. Next year it will be better. It will persist in its greatness and grow to be greater still.
Last edited by Jacob Jesus Escape' on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thelatestinsanity