Thank you all.

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Digger

Thank you all.

#1 Post by Digger »

Flatwater 2008 has come to a close. I would like to thank everyone .Hopefully, all whom attended had a great time.
Gentlmen ,here at Grandpa,s Sporting we fill blessed to have had such great people attend this event. What started out as a way to get people from the board together ,has for us for us became a holiday. Old friends and new coming each year. How can you not feel blessed. I know I am lousy with words. And spelling . But from my heart ,THANK YOU to all whom were able to attend .
P.S. notssmbbs ,thank you for the special forum .

Colonel Brown

#2 Post by Colonel Brown »

Digger, thanks for hosting us--again! And this time, you even scheduled the rain for the evening hours, after we were done shooting. You set up a nice course for us "recreational" shooter types.

BirddogBrewer

#3 Post by BirddogBrewer »

For the a first timer-

WOW, thanks Digger.

Ash
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin

Brent XVI'er

#4 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Larry/Digger, you have one of the best venues in the country for hosting this event. You should be proud of your contribution to your local community as well as being a consummate host! Your staff should also be recognized for their hard work in preparing for this event.

Considering the weather and the time constraints, you had only a very narrow window of opportunity to ready the course for our onslaught!

Well done, mission accomplished!

Stackbarrel16

#5 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Thank you all who attended, all who wished too. Another huge thanks and well done to Larry and the crew at Grandpa's for hosting.

I hope you all will be back next year and those who wanted to or habitually promise to, can finally make it.
Rand Paul 2016

Bluerock Brimley

#6 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Digger,
As usual your grace and professionalism are unmatched. With Voss and Hinck as co-conspirators however you are the cliched, "rose among thorns." Actually, that adds to your charm.

Seriously, thank you for hosting the wonderful weekend--I know that I had a great time--got to smoke some good cigars--be with some great guys--trade some truly cerebral wise cracks--even got to shoot the world's rarest Purdey!! Who could ask for more??

Thanks,
Greg
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

TMBoyer

#7 Post by TMBoyer »

Larry My Friend,

THANK YOU!

Again, the Flatwater was THE FLATWATER.

Even for a scribe, there are not words to describe the Flatwater, it has to be experienced and your contribution to it is what makes it so unique.

Thanks again, my friend!
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

jerry6stl

#8 Post by jerry6stl »

GREAT KUDO's to Larry Swanson for hosting a super event!

Also, generous thanks are due to Steve Voss, Scott Hinker, and Mike McDaniel for their assistance. And to all the attendees and "volunteer shooting coaches."

JERRY GOLDSTEIN

David

#9 Post by David »

Stackbarrel16 wrote: I hope you all will be back next year and those who wanted to or habitually promise to, can finally make it.
I am habitually hopeful that I can make Flatwater, but this year I was in Texas working with Haley Dunn, the number one ranked U.S. woman in International Skeet.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Colonel Brown

#10 Post by Colonel Brown »

It's a darned shame Haley lost the Olympic selection match (we only send one woman in skeet) by one bird. She and Kim Rhode should both be there.

David

#11 Post by David »

She'll be in London in 2012. She is a tremendous shooter and a really nice young woman.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

kgb

#12 Post by kgb »

I'd like to add to the thanks, I don't think I'm ever far behind Voss in level of anticipation for the event each and every year. The shooting is never more fun than when amongst friends, old and new, and the educational aspect is a huge bonus!

kgb

Joe Cool

Kudos

#13 Post by Joe Cool »

As the guys have said, Digger...well done!! You, Voss, Stack (and Tiny!) are to be greatly commended for working to put on such a fun weekend for all us ol' shooting nuts. The fact that proceeds help kids learn safe shooting is the icing on the cake.

What a crew we have! I have not laughed so hard or often in ages as I did this weekend!

A few observations. 1. WE NEED MORE COWBELL at Flatwater. 2.Voss makes a nice 16 ga sporting load...contact him for a "kick-free" recipe. 3. Our "newboy" Ash is becoming a damn fine brewer...as Homer Simpson would say..."Beer...Good!"

Sorry we had to head out a bit early...missed seeing some of our good pals on Sunday who were out on the course when we left...but duty in Arkansas called to our contingent. Missed getting books from Larry as he was still out shooting...PM on the way, Col.

One other thing...I WISH FLATWATER WAS NEXT WEEK! And the week after that...and the week after that...or at least as long as my LIVER could hold out! :lol:

Rick
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Bluestem

#14 Post by Bluestem »

Thanks to our hosts for another stellar Flatwater. I'll also thank my fellow participants for their willingness to share their guns, knowledge, humor, liquor, and cigars. 'Till next year...

Brad

Chuck Graber

#15 Post by Chuck Graber »

I said thanks in person and I'll say it again. The food was great! The targets were great! Thanks to all who had a hand in providing all aspects of the Flatwater experience!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.