Flatwater update

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Digger

Flatwater update

#1 Post by Digger »

Pheasant and chuckar started the Flatwater off and they were good. Lot of shooting for the first day. great group of guys and no great storys , except Wingshooters entrance. The gentleman came dressed to shoot.Sorry to anyone whom planned to come and was not able. I will try to keep everyone updated .Some new great people and almost all of the originals. Dogs and guns are all around, the Flatwater is great .
Menu for lunch Shredded Pork with Stacks famous P salad, this stuff is GREAT !!!!!
Menu for dinner Nebraska Steak !!

Rufus Scout

#2 Post by Rufus Scout »

Stories are good but PICTURES are better!
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

Digger

#3 Post by Digger »

They will be coming ! :)

Old Colonel

#4 Post by Old Colonel »

Have a fun, a safe shoot, and take pictures,Gentlemen. Wish I could be there just to meet the Cast of Characters

Paul

Jacob Jesus Escape'

#5 Post by Jacob Jesus Escape' »

Enjoy, y'all!
thelatestinsanity

M. R. Byrd

#6 Post by M. R. Byrd »

Old Colonel wrote:Have a fun, a safe shoot, and take pictures,Gentlemen. Wish I could be there just to meet the Cast of Characters

Paul
Colonel-
"Characters" likely is an apt description of those attending Flatwater 2008.

I hope that I will be in attendance at Flatwater 2009. I just think they are having way too much fun without us.

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

kgb

#7 Post by kgb »

The chef offered a two-spatula toast to Nebraska Beef and said he'd show us how to cook it up Texas-hot.

Scared the crap out of the drunks!!

After a couple beers he calmed down a little, although the scowl stuck around the rest of the evening.

Rufus Scout

#8 Post by Rufus Scout »

Ha! Excellent. Keep them coming.

Rufus Scout

#9 Post by Rufus Scout »

They must all be so hungover that no response is indicated.

M. R. Byrd

#10 Post by M. R. Byrd »

Oh boy, please don't tell me that Tiny brought his Miller Portable AC/DC Welder/10KW Generator and is offering to do Texas Baron of Beef pipeline welder style. Only in Texas can they take a side of beef and know just the right amperage and time it takes to get tender beef for carving. Of course, cooking beef that way ranks right up there in danger with getting earth worms from your yard with electrified clothes hangers.

Try to keep the 'ol Texan under control.

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

steve voss

#11 Post by steve voss »

Brother Tiny displays sartorial excellence!

Brent XVI'er and Wingshooter traverse the immaculate fields of Flatwater.

Postoak wins "Ugly Gun" contest with late entry.

And a fine time was had by all. Tiny set a new low by finally not forgetting anything, but thinking he had, thereby delaying his party's departure by over an hour. :D :D

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Rufus Scout

#12 Post by Rufus Scout »

Well done, Tiny.

More pics, you slackers!

steve voss

#13 Post by steve voss »

Rufe, relax. Flatwater ended about 90 minutes ago and most guys had drives of 3-12 hours getting to Kansas and Missouri and Iowa and Texas and Manitoba and Michigan. Lots by tomorrow, I'll bet.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Rufus Scout

#14 Post by Rufus Scout »

steve voss wrote:Rufe, relax. Flatwater ended about 90 minutes ago and most guys had drives of 3-12 hours getting to Kansas and Missouri and Iowa and Texas and Manitoba and Michigan. Lots by tomorrow, I'll bet.

sv
What's your excuse? :evil:

An Dóchas Ciniciúil

#15 Post by An Dóchas Ciniciúil »

Rufus Scout wrote:
steve voss wrote:Rufe, relax. Flatwater ended about 90 minutes ago and most guys had drives of 3-12 hours getting to Kansas and Missouri and Iowa and Texas and Manitoba and Michigan. Lots by tomorrow, I'll bet.

sv
What's your excuse? :evil:
No way he can bump his gums and operate a camera at the same time? :wink:
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."

----Mark Twain