Three orange whips

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

Three orange whips

#1 Post by kgb »

Don't mean to go excessive with the planning aspect here, but trying to figure out whether to bring wine again this year. If plans are otherwise afoot for such, I will simply bring bourbon. If not, a half dozen bottles of Old Vine Zinfadel or Cabernet Sauv(can't finish the spelling on that, I'm a Nebraskan now).

kgb

TMBoyer

#2 Post by TMBoyer »

Since I don't have access to the official Flatwater wine this year (Pheasant Ridge Reserve), why don't you bring some. Many of us enjoy a good glass of red with red meat and that certainly abounds at the Flatwater.

See you Friday!

TB
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

steve voss

#3 Post by steve voss »

Red Meat!
Red Wine!
Red Meat!
Red Wine!

:D
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Steve007

#4 Post by Steve007 »

JerryStL and I were going to bring some, too. He's in charge of selection. But a guy with a Gordon will obviously do better than a guy with a Griffon. Still, he's in charge.

Chuck Graber

#5 Post by Chuck Graber »

Finkel,
You are married to a fine woman who has made a point of studying good wine and how it goes with various kinds of food and you are letting Goldstein pick the wine? :roll:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

steve voss

#6 Post by steve voss »

Finkel and Goldstein? Hmmmmmmmm? Mogen David? :twisted: :D :wink: :lol:

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Steve007

#7 Post by Steve007 »

Chuck Graber wrote:Finkel,
You are married to a fine woman who has made a point of studying good wine and how it goes with various kinds of food and you are letting Goldstein pick the wine? :roll:
Very good point. :oops: But I'm driving. He oughta do something.

Don't worry, Voss. We are both married to nice Christian girls. They'll help us out. Hey, Roark gets cheap stuff. Be grateful. :?

Joe Cool

Tipple?

#8 Post by Joe Cool »

Well Terry...just what kind of tipple are you bringing as a substitute for Pheasant Wine this year?

Perhaps some "Quail Ridge" from sunny California?
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Bluerock Brimley

#9 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Steve & Jerry,
I believe that they have "Trader Joe's" in St. Louis. They have a proprietary wine called Charles Shaw (Merlot and Cab)--it's affectionately called "two-buck-chuck" in Arizona. (Actually it's $3/bottle, now). It has a wonderful reputation. At $3/bottle Voss will only be going upscale by a factor of 2. :lol:
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.