It's Flatwater Week

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
wingshooter

It's Flatwater Week

#1 Post by wingshooter »

Wooohoooo!
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Digger

#2 Post by Digger »

About time . And don't worry about all the machines sitting in the parking lot . Because the grass has not been burned yet .Rain ,then wind. Heck ,whats a little pressure. Wingshooter ,better bring two bottles . :?

steve voss

#3 Post by steve voss »

The big question at our house is "which is the bigger week." Flatwater Week or Derby week. It takes a toll when the two best weeks of the year are back to back. :D :wink: 8)

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Brent XVI'er

#4 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Not to worry ,Digger. What's a little wet grass compared to the overall ambiance of Grandpa's? Let the shooters mow the grass- a 50man event will cut a fine swath in your 10 foot high prairie grass! :roll:

wingshooter

#5 Post by wingshooter »

Derby week
A whole week for bad hats? Someone has too much time.

MM

steve voss

#6 Post by steve voss »

wingshooter wrote:
Derby week
A whole week for bad hats? Someone has too much time.
Tell me about it! You will come to the Voss motel and be greeted by Derby glasses, Derby plates, Derby napkins, Derby decorations, Derby prints, Derby everything!! Why, a man needs Flatwater just to retain his sanity.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#7 Post by Colonel Brown »

You have an entire week dedicated to a bottomfeeder Spanish sidelock, Voss? Damn . . . if that's the case, you ought to have a Bayard MONTH!

sd/mt pga pro

#8 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

And just what in the hell is wrong with a week of Derby Festivities?

The only thing that used to be close to Derby week in Louisville was the Keenland Yearling Sales in Lexington. Now that was a party! Beautifull women, fine horses, good bourbon, exquisite food and hundreds of millions of dollars trading hands.

I can remember an oil man's daughter from Tulsa and a fresh strawed stall at Keenland Park and---oh hell there are so many memories of those time. I even bought a colt or two.

Oh yeah, we were talking about Flatwater. Old men like me, fat, balding, near sighted (some there, some heading that way), funny clothes, miserable weather, good guns and great food.

Damn, I wish I could be there with you all. Lord willing and with any luck I will join you next year.
BC

steve voss

#9 Post by steve voss »

Larry Brown wrote:You ought to have a Bayard MONTH!
Keerist, Larry, you haven't been paying attention. I've just had a Bayard YEAR!!

sv

wingshooter

#10 Post by wingshooter »

Flatwater One is rotating off. Off the board til after the festivities.

MM

Chuck Graber

#11 Post by Chuck Graber »

The contingent from Doo-Dah is off and running!

No mercy to the skeets!!!!!
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Joe Cool

Hawg Wild

#12 Post by Joe Cool »

The Hawg Wild contingent will be "on the road" to Syracuse in about 30 minutes. We're bringing our "woolies" because it looks a little chilly up there for wild-eyed southern boys!

Wee-hoo!!!!!!!!!!
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

steve voss

#13 Post by steve voss »

That should be the contigent OF doo-dah.