Distances & Chokes ?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Brent XVI'er

#31 Post by Brent XVI'er »

MERCY, MERCY, O GREAT ONES! YOUR HUMBLE GUEST GROVELS AT YOUR FEET! I HAD NO IDEA THAT PROPER LOADS COULD BE PROVIDED! OH, GLOOM, DISPAIR, OH...... :oops: THE IGNOMINY OF IT ALL!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

pps: Did I grovel enough?

steve voss

#32 Post by steve voss »

Brent XVI'er wrote:MERCY, MERCY, O GREAT ONES! YOUR HUMBLE GUEST GROVELS AT YOUR FEET! I HAD NO IDEA THAT PROPER LOADS COULD BE PROVIDED! OH, GLOOM, DISPAIR, OH...... :oops: THE IGNOMINY OF IT ALL!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

pps: Did I grovel enough?
no
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

wingshooter

#33 Post by wingshooter »

Even Tiny reloads
Your point? And I was forbidden from shooting larger that 7 1/2's to get some hulls- he needs to grovel some more.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#34 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Larger than #7.5 is both a waste and a safety hazard. Most courses and ranges are put together with a safety zone based around the best case fall of #7.5 shot. Which is shorter than best case for larger shot as projectiles lose energy in relation to their mass. That is very applicable considering the out bound layout of the course at Grandpa's.

That is why you were forbidden larger than #7.5 padawan.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#35 Post by wingshooter »

Larger than #7.5 is both a waste and a safety hazard. Most courses and ranges are put together with a safety zone based around the best case fall of #7.5 shot. Which is shorter than best case for larger shot as projectiles lose energy in relation to their mass. That is very applicable considering the out bound layout of the course at Grandpa's.

That is why you were forbidden larger than #7.5 padawan.
There will be a test on Thursday.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Brent XVI'er

#36 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I HUMBLY BESEECH YOU TO PARDON MY UNSPEAKABLE IGNORANCE AND FORGIVE MY INEPT USAGE OF THE FACTORY SHELLS. I PROMISE TO HAVE THE PROPER AMMUNITION UPON MY RETURN TO THE SACRED SHOOTING GROUNDS NEXT YEAR! THIS I PLEDGE KNOWING THE COMMITTEE WILL PEANALIZE ME AND I MIGHT EVEN LOSE MY FAVORITE HOTEL ROOM AT STEVE AND MISS CONNIE'S NOT TO MENTION THE FIVE STAR BREAKFASTS!!

TMBoyer

#37 Post by TMBoyer »

Brent XVI'er wrote:NOT TO MENTION THE FIVE STAR BREAKFASTS!!
AH! Now we know why Mr. Voss was late with the donut delivery for the rest of us. Of course it had to be the breakfasts and not his five star single malt hangovers! :lol:
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

steve voss

#38 Post by steve voss »

TMBoyer wrote:
Brent XVI'er wrote:NOT TO MENTION THE FIVE STAR BREAKFASTS!!
AH! Now we know why Mr. Voss was late with the donut delivery for the rest of us. Of course it had to be the breakfasts and not his five star single malt hangovers! :lol:
5 star hangovers are in my single-man past. Sunday am rated one star at most.

Saturday am late delivery of donuts was due to Postoak and XVI'er who couldn't be moved with dynamite. Seven am wake-up both days. Three eggs, bacon, toast and coffee for all both days. Arrival Saturday...9:40 am. Arrival Sunday ... 8:20 am. Difference... Tiny and I left 'em on their own on Sunday.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

mbonner

#39 Post by mbonner »

Re: chokes, I shot one day with a Perazzi International skeet gun with Tula chokes and factory muzzle brakes. As in not only no choke but reverse choke, the muzzles are about 10 ga. I shot my share.
Mike

steve voss

#40 Post by steve voss »

mbonner wrote:Re: chokes, I shot one day with a Perazzi International skeet gun with Tula chokes and factory muzzle brakes. As in not only no choke but reverse choke, the muzzles are about 10 ga. I shot my share.
Mike
I was on that squad. He shot some of our share, too.

sv

Brent XVI'er

#41 Post by Brent XVI'er »

My fav hotelier gets the five stars due to his unsealing of the wild plum jelly and the distribution of said delicacy on toast. MMMMMMMMummmmmm good!!!!!!

steve voss

#42 Post by steve voss »

I am running real low. The last plums we had here were four years ago. I have the jar we opened last Saturday and one other. :( :oops: :cry:

sv

BirddogBrewer

#43 Post by BirddogBrewer »

Hey Voss

When you say Wild Plum, are you talking Sand Plums.

Some of the greatest quail cover in the world, every summer we pick plums, and every fall we shoot the quail.

Man, I loved my Grandma's Sand Plum Jelly

Ash
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin

steve voss

#44 Post by steve voss »

Probably. They grow wild in the ditches and fencerows, bloom like crazy just about now with a white flower, and grow a small reddish to plum colored fruit about the size of the end of your thumb. I've been eating wild plum jelly since before I can remember and I hate not having tons available. You are also correct to say they make excellent bird cover, but you gotta have a buddy on the other side 'cause ya' just can't shoot through 'em, too thick.

sv

sd/mt pga pro

#45 Post by sd/mt pga pro »

Well, I pick several gallons of wild plums late each summer and if you promise to mail no less than two jars of jelly back by Christmas, I will send a lug of them back with you in October. :D You can take Scott's raspberries back with you as well. And if you shoot well, sharpies, huns and pheasants too.

If Tiny shoots well with that 25-06 you will be forced to take goat home with you , even if it means everything else stays here.
BC