Weather

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

Weather

#1 Post by steve voss »

Pack your rain gear, long range forecast is for showers/wind. All of us Charter Members remember Flatwater I. Youch!!

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#2 Post by Colonel Brown »

That's SERIOUS long range for the Midwest, Voss. I think I'll wait until a couple days prior to departure.

Stackbarrel16

#3 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

You'd not pack galoshes and rain gear why? Who cares what the weather man says they are as reliable as, well weather forecasts are accurate.
Rand Paul 2016

TMBoyer

Weather

#4 Post by TMBoyer »

I seem to remember the Flatwater from two years ago being cold, wet and muddy to the point that I had to borrow a pair of rubber boots from Digger.

THen last year with the warm, bright sunshiny weather there was a tick infestation and we all got to hear the lecture given by Steve 007 on the dangers of Lyme disease.

At least I can dress appropriately for the weather. Even ear plugs didn't shut out Steve.
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

Digger

#5 Post by Digger »

BULL #### it is always 70 degrees and sunshine at GRANDPA'S.

steve voss

Re: Weather

#6 Post by steve voss »

TMBoyer wrote:Even ear plugs didn't shut out Steve.
I know, that Finkel has a voice on him, doesn't he?

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

steve voss

#7 Post by steve voss »

Current forecast has temps in the 60s and a 40% chance of showers on Saturday.

Steve007

Re: Weather

#8 Post by Steve007 »

TMBoyer wrote:THen last year with the warm, bright sunshiny weather there was a tick infestation and we all got to hear the lecture given by Steve 007 on the dangers of Lyme disease.
Who, me? I just offer people anti-tick spray if they happen to be in the truck next to me and they wish to borrow some. I don't worry about lyme disease (exceopt for my dogs) ; I just don't like ticks. Generally most people to whom I offer bug spray say thanks. I don't see any downside to using it.

Steve Voss wrote:
I know, that Finkel has a voice on him, doesn't he?
Surprisingly, some people pay money to hear me. :shock: Not about guns or ticks, though. :?

Chuck Graber

#9 Post by Chuck Graber »

Latest from the US Weather Service.
Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.

Friday: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 69.
Galoshes and rain gear would be prudent. Hopefully Murphy's Law applies and they won't be required if everyone brings their foul weather gear.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

postoak

#10 Post by postoak »

I need to bring y'all some fireants - they will take the piss out of them Ticks.

Stackbarrel16

#11 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Fireants will require a penalty be leveled.

Chance of rain early thursday 30%, partly cloudy and 65 Friday, sunny and 68 Sat. Snny and 70 on Sunday. Or so sayeth the weather people.
Rand Paul 2016

Brent XVI'er

#12 Post by Brent XVI'er »

Steve, are you related to the world renown meteorologist " Bow Tie " Dungen? He was recently "retired" for "unpopular" weather forcasts. :twisted:

Colonel Brown

#13 Post by Colonel Brown »

Stack, did you consult with the S-2 Section on the weather report? Back when I was S-2 of a (since inactivated) USAR Light Infantry Bde, I had a USAF Air Weather Detachment as a supporting element. Whatever they predicted, you could almost count on it being the exact opposite.

steve voss

#14 Post by steve voss »

Showers have been added back in for Friday and Sunday.

Colonel Brown

#15 Post by Colonel Brown »

Well . . . delete 'em, Voss!