Flatwater cancelled.

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Stackbarrel16

Flatwater cancelled.

#1 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Thanks for all the fun over the years.

It has come to my attention that Larry has cancelled Flatwater and hasn't been able to post it. So I do so now.

Thanks.
Rand Paul 2016

David

Re: Flatwater cancelled.

#2 Post by David »

A very sad day. I hope that some day Flatwater can be resurrected. I enjoyed the friendships very much.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

steve voss

#3 Post by steve voss »

Lack of attendees left no other choice. It was a good run.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Setters Forever

#4 Post by Setters Forever »

sad...I really enjoyed last year.....
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

fourtrax

#5 Post by fourtrax »

Glad I did get to attend the last several.

Bluestem

#6 Post by Bluestem »

Thanks for the memories, gents. It was a good run.
Brad

M&M

#7 Post by M&M »

I really enjoyed the years I attended and I hate I missed the last one. I met some of the nicest people anywhere and some of them have some really nice shotguns, (and they let you shoot them). Fond memories.

postoak

#8 Post by postoak »

I am sad to learn it is over, I met many fine folks there.

I hope someday to be in a position to host a shoot out on the Salt Fork of the Brazos, if any of you Yankees would show up :)
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

David

#9 Post by David »

There could never be a Flatwater that wasn't at Grandpa's, but if we were to try again at a Midwestern shooting sports get together, this would be a good place to have it: http://www.flintoak.com
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

Bluestem

#10 Post by Bluestem »

David wrote:There could never be a Flatwater that wasn't at Grandpa's, but if we were to try again at a Midwestern shooting sports get together, this would be a good place to have it: http://www.flintoak.com
I've shot at Flint Oak and I think the regular Flatwater traditions would give their staff a group stroke. The 30-man squad, shameless poaching of targets, shooting hand-tossed targets with a Taurus Judge, the potato cannon, the Larry Brown road hunting station (shooting through a truck window), creative improvising of the shooting stations, and more trash talk and BS-slinging than an NBA game. It goes on and on... Flint Oak would think they were hosting a tornado.

David

#11 Post by David »

Agreed. But you have to admit it would be a darn fine place to have a cigar smoking, steak eating get together. I've shot there a couple of times. Once was years ago when we knew the food service manager and then again when I did a video for a commercial real estate seminar that met there, had a little education, shot some guns, ate some good food and smoked some cigars. The ring leader of that deal would have fit perfectly in Flatwater. He was the real estate developer who did the land deal for the Kansas City Cabela's store.
David

Bluestem

#12 Post by Bluestem »

I read a recent article on the finest sporting clays venues in the U.S. and Flint Oak was on the list. It is a classy operation.

M. R. Byrd

#13 Post by M. R. Byrd »

Flint Oak is very nice. I have been there a few times for Pass It On, Outdoor Mentors, Bust-A-Clay for Kids' Sake. Raise $350 in pledges and there is no cost to you. A great time at a premier facility. May 15(Friday evening) and May 16(Saturday) this year.

http://outdoormentors.org/content/2015- ... -kids-sake

Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#14 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Well, that's a revoltin' development! I'm gonna miss you bastards, a lot..........

Steve007

#15 Post by Steve007 »

Pancho McTavish wrote:Well, that's a revoltin' development! I'm gonna miss you bastards, a lot..........

We'll always have Paris..uh, Flatwater. I enjoyed the ones I attended (four or five?) very much,and have gerat memories and even some photos. Even the overwhelmingly soggy get togethers and the cold ones. And the winds were at times impressive!