Towers ?

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
postoak

Towers ?

#1 Post by postoak »

Are there Towers at Flatwater ? :?

Colonel Brown

#2 Post by Colonel Brown »

No, but there's a water tower not too far down the road.

Stackbarrel16

#3 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

A couple cell towers too.
Rand Paul 2016

postoak

#4 Post by postoak »

Prayers are answered !!

mbonner

#5 Post by mbonner »

They are NOT joking when they refer to the FLAT.
I like towers, shot a FITASC course in England once, called for the bird from the (very) tall tower, never saw the first one at all. Hit some, once I figured out they needed 16 feet lead, really. You shot and there was a perceptible delay before you heard a clink and saw the bird break into 4 chunks, if you hit it, that is. Would vote for a tower at Flat, if an alien can vote!
Mikey the Limey

Stackbarrel16

#6 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Limey? We call proper Brits Limeys, you guys who's currency is known as the looney are Canucks. There will be a tower eventually with the expansion and all.
Rand Paul 2016

mbonner

#7 Post by mbonner »

Well, actually, fellas, I have dual nationality, born in England, emigrated to Canada at the age of 32. I think of myself as a Limey first, Canuck second. When I open my gob you can plainly hear my dulcet upper-class English tones lightly tripping out.
I live in Canada and obtained Canadian citizenship so I could enter the USA with a lot more ease. Wife and kids all have 2 passports as well.
Makes it a lot easier at Heathrow, we do not have to line up with all the other rubbish!
Mike, with 2 passports.

Digger

#8 Post by Digger »

Towers , OK , you got it . Overheads , Driven incomers ,Outgoers , or High crossers.Let me know and I will set it as you request. :D

steve voss

#9 Post by steve voss »

Digger wrote:Towers , OK , you got it . Overheads , Driven incomers ,Outgoers , or High crossers.Let me know and I will set it as you request. :D
Yes, please. All of those, especially the driven incomers.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Chuck Graber

#10 Post by Chuck Graber »

steve voss wrote:
Digger wrote:Towers , OK , you got it . Overheads , Driven incomers ,Outgoers , or High crossers.Let me know and I will set it as you request. :D
Yes, please. All of those, especially the driven incomers.

sv
I agree with Voss! There are too many courses that shy away from close quartering incomming targets for fear of the chance of shooters being showered with clay fragments. With a little thought these incommers can be set so as to minimize the risk of being pelted by pieces of clay.

Pairs that are set so that they can be shot as report pairs OR true pairs are also a lot of fun. If set up so that you can take target one or two first, then so much better. More different presentations from a different set of traps is always a great bonus.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Stackbarrel16

#11 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Combat clays or man's clays should be the order of the day you have to wear eye and ear protection. the dodging of some clay fragments will keep you sharp so that if you ever hunt with the situationally unaware, like Cush you won't get shot.
Rand Paul 2016