Thank You Stack!

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
TMBoyer

Thank You Stack!

#1 Post by TMBoyer »

"The Pen is mightier than the sword"

In between jousts on this board and other writing assignments, I am currently working on a novel. Coming up with the characters is relatively easy, since I just have to take people that I know and combine several together for a character.

One of the bad guys is an Air Force Captain (no offense to you AF men) who has very similar characteristics to a 'straight leg' Captain that I had the misfortune to have to work for for over six years.

I needed another bad guy character. For some reason, I came up with a Hamtramck Michigan born, motor pool mechanic who is unhappy with his life living in a trailer park outside of Tupelo, Mississppi with the former Miss Hog Pen 1988, Carrie May Sue Ellen Holt and their six younguns! This is his life, but he is unhappy with it as it does not fit his Napoleonic complex and gets invovled in some things where he holds absolute power.

Autographed copies will be available at Flatwater 2009 if I am allowed to cross the border into Nebraska (or gunships with 101st Division Insignia don't show up overhead before then).

Tongue firmly implanted in cheek, :lol:

Your subservient subject! :(

TMB
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

Terry, feel free to use the complete description of myself that I sent you last year. Anything that heroic deserves to make its way into the world of fine literature.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#3 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Well, thank you! I'll expect royalty checks for the admitted inspiration of your novel. I already have the screen shot so it's public record. Scribe away good sir.
Rand Paul 2016

Steve007

#4 Post by Steve007 »

I see myself as the quiet but dangerous-looking young drifter in black, the handsome fast gun who cleans up the town of outlaw boss Big Steve Voss' band of psychotic killers and gets the girl.
Last edited by Steve007 on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMBoyer

Characters

#5 Post by TMBoyer »

Wait until you see the 'Intelligence' Officer :wink:

I may have to be really creative on that one. I mean no one would believe an intelligence officer that was also a French professor. That is too far fetched to be believed, unless of course the KGB thinks just that and use him for a double agent.

Stack, just remember that we will have to get through Security at Heathrow sometime and they already have your name!

TMB
Harry Callahan

steve voss

#6 Post by steve voss »

Steve007 wrote:I see myself as the quiet but dangerous-looking young drifter in black, the handsome fast gun who cleans up the town of outlaw boss Big Steve Voss' band of psychotic killers and gets the girl.
Only one?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#7 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

What's really hilarious is I'll bet you Pounds Sterling to Riyals, I'm not the one that gets the hassel in any allied country. I have some forms of ID most don't that come with a bit of gravitas as it were 8) .
Rand Paul 2016

TMBoyer

#8 Post by TMBoyer »

Yeah, when they first went to the Insta Check system on purchasing firearms, my name came up on a couple of lists because of some past government sponsored events.

The hardest one to rid of was a Secret Service Flag from when I worked Executive Protection Detail when I was still in Indianapolis in the 70's. I was on a secure list, but all it showed on the Insta Check was my name on a Secret Service list.

Of course the problem might arise at Heathrow when it is discovered that your name was put on a list while we were in the air by a regional director for Homeland Security (who happens to be a fishing buddy of mine). Of course, that wn't happen if I have fond memories of full portions of steak and potato salad. :roll:

TMB
Harry Callahan

Bluerock Brimley

#9 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:...I have some forms of ID most don't that come with a bit of gravitas as it were 8) .
Only you would consider the scrawlings on a truck stop bathroom wall to be gravitas inspiring ID--although it may help you gain entry to Greece.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Stackbarrel16

#10 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Regional director at DHS vs. 3 stars at DoD :lol: Could be fun to watch!

Blue rock your RBL needs waxing :twisted:
Rand Paul 2016

Colonel Brown

#11 Post by Colonel Brown »

Now Terry . . . don't tell us you worked presidential protection with Beans??

wingshooter

#12 Post by wingshooter »

I already have the screen shot
First he promotes shooting Flatwater kids, then he shoots some screen in a dollar movie theater. What a piece of work.

Overthrow of current inept leadership (aka evil eyebrowed dictator) set for Friday.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#13 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

See updated penalty thread.
Rand Paul 2016