Flatwater 2015

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
robp

Flatwater 2015

#1 Post by robp »

Anyone else getting excited
rp

kgb

Re: Flatwater 2015

#2 Post by kgb »

Starting to, yes! Was thinking about it last week.

The schedule for the dragstrip is out, and we will once again be racing on Flatwater weekend. This year, however, we are racing on Sundays as well as Saturdays. Last year I said to heck with the racing, and had I not done so I would have finished 2nd in points by just showing up and losing in the first round. Had I won 2 rounds (or beat the eventual champ in the first round) I would have been track champion in class. Trophy, $500 in cash, Gold Card for next year's races ($600 in entry fees paid), entry into the race of champions to represent the track at the divisional race in Denver, a jacket, you know, the usual stuff. Then again, a few years ago I cut out of Flatwater early to make the race, missed the evening festivities AND the steak dinner, and lost in the first round.

I don't go to Vegas.

I WILL be at Flatwater. Well, Friday and Saturday at least.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

fourtrax

#3 Post by fourtrax »

Thinking about it, Yes!
It also probably means that spring will arrive shortly thereafter in this area.

gold40

#4 Post by gold40 »

Are dates confirmed?

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#5 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Who Hoo! I'm ready! Always the last full weekend in April. And yes, I'll be there with the usual suspects from Springfield. I'm still thinking we should make a group effort to get some younger guys involved. I think my son and one of his buds are coming so looks like we've got a start.

robp

#6 Post by robp »

Any ideas for a theme? I was thinking 410's was also thinking it would be fun to set up some long range rifle targets off the pinic shelter. Then one cold set up to shoot prone. I got a kid in my welding class who would make a gong. Obviously no one would be shooting the clays course
Last year there where some nice ars its a shame not to put them to use, I have a pretty sweet GAP built 22-250 I dont shoot nearly enough

steve voss

#7 Post by steve voss »

4-500 yards + sounds like fun.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

BirddogBrewer

#8 Post by BirddogBrewer »

Damn! I am so hoping to make it this year! Gotta find something for my kiddos Friday night iff'n I'm gonnal make it.

My wife has a trip planned and doesn't get home til Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed. I need to pull a few triggers!

BDB
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin

robp

#9 Post by robp »

Looks like the first full weekend in April is the 4th and 5th
Who is heading to Flatwater ?
Has anyone talked with Grandpa's sporting acres?
Tiny I hope to hell your coming to cook steaks !
Looks like Tony and I recruited another Minnesotan/ North Dakotan

kgb

#10 Post by kgb »

LAST, not first full weekend.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

Setters Forever

#11 Post by Setters Forever »

I don't remember the name of the property owner but could someone ask him if I can park there and run an extension cord? I will have to look and see if I can find some grape juice...

I need the address for my GPS also.

Steve, I can come visit you also a few days before if you send me an address....
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

Maximumsmoke

#12 Post by Maximumsmoke »

I'm in. Dates would then be 24, 25, 26 April, right? Can I shoot the .416 Rigby at the gong? Doubt I'd hit it with open sights, so I might have to "stalk" it a bit, or wait for it to charge.

Here's contact info for Grandpa's Sporting Acres: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GunRange ... x?sid=2294
A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it that he always has good company." -- Charles Evans Hughes, American statesman

kgb

#13 Post by kgb »

On my computer that map indicates a spot on the southeast edge of Syracuse itself, but the actual location is 5 miles north of there and 3 miles west. Look for the intersection of North 24th road and "E" road, it's on the SE side of that intersection.

There's a pond on the eastern side of the property, and several years ago there was a very challenging shot on a target from above IIRC. It's where some of us learned of the "LDL" that Joe Cool determined was perfect for breaking those clays.

Maximumsmoke

#14 Post by Maximumsmoke »

OK Guys, What's the plan for this year. Is anybody in contact with Digger/Grandpa's Sporting Acres (402-269-3668). Is the weekend of 24,25,26 April established with Digger. Does he need a head count to order hats and food. It' just 4 weeks away. Who's coming. We've got RobP, me (Tony), and another guy from the Mpls area. Sounds like KGB, BDB, Pancho, Steve Voss, maybe some more. What about the rest of the usual suspects. I'm feeling like we need to drive few stakes in the ground, or am I jumping the gun.

Cheers!
Tony Lowe
A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it that he always has good company." -- Charles Evans Hughes, American statesman

AndyC

#15 Post by AndyC »

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club