Flatwater sound off !!

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Jacob Jesus Escape'

#31 Post by Jacob Jesus Escape' »

Bluestem wrote:I'll be there.

JJE, houses are overrated; just ask our county appraiser. Invest in fine British or Italian guns.
Tell me! The owners of the place I'm trying to buy are apparently willing to accept my offer for $43K under the county tax valuation, put on new gutters, replace a few windows and more! And we're talking about a house that's valued at way under $200K!

If this deal falls through, I'll buy a Piotti and live in a van down by the river!

...and if the deal doesn't fall through I'll keep my POS and live in a shack down by the river.
thelatestinsanity

postoak

#32 Post by postoak »

M.I.T CDL 1979 8)

steve voss

#33 Post by steve voss »

postoak wrote:M.I.T CDL 1979 8)
You have a Commercial Driving License? Who knew? :twisted: :wink: :roll:

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

postoak

#34 Post by postoak »

Midlothian Institute of Trucking ! Summa Cumma Luma.

steve voss

#35 Post by steve voss »

TX or UK?

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

postoak

#36 Post by postoak »

The Real Midlothian of course, Texas.

postoak

#37 Post by postoak »

I showed up at U.T.A. (AKA the University of Two Americans) long enough to obtain a BS, and a first hand understanding of Expatriated Iranian Politics. But I didn?t let any of the College larnin hurt me none. I remain a cultured refined Southern Gentleman; and look forward to being in like fine company at the Flatwater; will dueling pistols, irks or Bowie knives be required at Flatwater. ;)

steve voss

#38 Post by steve voss »

The rules change constantly during the proceedings, but by 11pm Bowie knives across a handkerchief will be fine. :D :D :D

sv

M. R. Byrd

#39 Post by M. R. Byrd »

BirddogBrewer wrote: University of Arkansas 1990 BA
University of Arknasas 1991 BS
University of Arknasas 2006 MS

That's three times on the Walk!

BDB
Being an old Kansas farm boy, I have heard of Arkansas, but where is this U of Arknasas?? :lol:

Maynard Reece (MR) Byrd
Dodge City

Brent XVI'er

#40 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I will be attending this year- my second Flatwater. I will be sporting several new fowling pieces of the domestic flavor- Stevens and Smith(has a nice ring don't it :D ).

I'm sorry that Dick and Jim won't be in attendance. They will miss meeting all the newbies!

kgb

#41 Post by kgb »

odin. For all three days, though!

Chuck Graber

#42 Post by Chuck Graber »

postoak wrote:I showed up at U.T.A. (AKA the University of Two Americans) long enough to obtain a BS, and a first hand understanding of Expatriated Iranian Politics. But I didn?t let any of the College larnin hurt me none. I remain a cultured refined Southern Gentleman; and look forward to being in like fine company at the Flatwater; will dueling pistols, irks or Bowie knives be required at Flatwater. ;)
Postoak,
You obviously don't understand how disputes are settled at Flatwater! Squabblers are told to get their favorite fowling pieces and then are ushered to the nearest shooting stand. By turns they are each made to attempt targets while the other fellow heckles and taunts to the best of his ability. The looser is the first guy to whiff a bunch of gimme targets.

As a point of advice, I would not quarrel with Herr Voss. Not only is he fairly stout in the shooting department, but I am fairly certain that he could flummox the Dalai Lama with his taunts. :lol:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

BirddogBrewer

#43 Post by BirddogBrewer »

Fingers are much slower than brain.

Pardon my typign (typing) skills. But the fingers being slower than the brain is how I will explain any errant misses at Flatwater. "according to my brain, that bird is dust! It just doesn't have the sense to fall." (with apologies to Corey Ford)

bdb
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris
14th Cent. Danzig Town Ord.

Beer is Proof that God Loves us and Wants us to be Happy. Ben Franklin

Bluerock Brimley

#44 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

Digger,
Hopefully it's not too late--Pete Thomas will be coming to the Flatwater for certain.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Rufus Scout

#45 Post by Rufus Scout »

curmudgeon wrote:curmudgeon and Rufus
Curmudgeon and Rufus will not make it again. Just too much stuff going on at work and home.
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex