Flatwater sound off !!

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

#46 Post by steve voss »

Rufus Scout wrote:
curmudgeon wrote:curmudgeon and Rufus
Curmudgeon and Rufus will not make it again. Just too much stuff going on at work and home.
What a surprise! :wink: :roll: :lol:

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#47 Post by Colonel Brown »

Voss, if you want to see Rufus and Cur, you need to show up at the UP Shoot. In spite of their numerous no-shows at Flatwater, this reliable source confirms that they really DO exist.

wingshooter

#48 Post by wingshooter »

What a surprise!
Yeah, glad I was sitting down.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#49 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

He could also break away on the weekend they hunt in the sandhills as he has been asked to do for a few years running :twisted: 8)
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#50 Post by steve voss »

Yes, I could and hopefully will.

Also, I have a big client coming in from out of town on Friday for a 1 pm meeting. It will take 1-2 hours, so don't expect me much before 4 pm. :(

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Rufus Scout

#51 Post by Rufus Scout »

I work hard all year to be able to take October and early November off to hunt birds. The UP shoot is a simple drive from Detroit or Grand Rapids or Milwaukee where I have lots of customers to visit to angle myself into range.

No customers in Nebraska, sadly. Thus it's a 12-14 hour drive; single purpose during our busiest time. Wish I had a plane, but I don't.

Have fun!
"If you pick a Glock over a 1911 you are a commie." Bigtex

steve voss

#52 Post by steve voss »

Rufus Scout wrote:I work hard all year to be able to take October and early November off to hunt birds. The UP shoot is a simple drive from Detroit or Grand Rapids or Milwaukee where I have lots of customers to visit to angle myself into range.

No customers in Nebraska, sadly. Thus it's a 12-14 hour drive; single purpose during our busiest time. Wish I had a plane, but I don't.

Have fun!
We will. Part of the fun of Flatwater is to give you grief when you 'finally' can't come. And fortunately I don't have to choose between Flatwater and bird season. I hope to see you this fall.

All the best,

sv

Slowhand

Poor Tiny

#53 Post by Slowhand »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:Digger,
Hopefully it's not too late--Pete Thomas will be coming to the Flatwater for certain.
As Wingshooter is now eating tofu perhaps I could have his share of grain fed Nebraska beef?

Slowhand 'Pete'

wingshooter

#54 Post by wingshooter »

Slowhand- watch it. I will be armed, but perhaps not dangerous. :oops:

MM

Stackbarrel16

#55 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The Committee wishes me to inform slowhand he is most pleasing to them and they shall for the first time ever consider a steak bonus.

To all the rest of you if you haven't spoken up there's no steak for you, it's bought.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#56 Post by wingshooter »

The comitose committee is about to be removed from power.

MM

Stackbarrel16

#57 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

By whom?
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#58 Post by steve voss »

And what army ?

wingshooter

#59 Post by wingshooter »

An army of one. Isn't that the new slogan?

MM

Bluestem

#60 Post by Bluestem »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:The Committee wishes me to inform slowhand he is most pleasing to them and they shall for the first time ever consider a steak bonus.
This is one of the more frightening sentences that I've read on this board. Watch yourself, Slowhand.