Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
TMBoyer

Flatwater

#1 Post by TMBoyer »

ONLY THREE WEEKS UNTIL FLATWATER 08!

If anyone would like copies of my book, let me know by next week. I'm getting ready to order some more so I can bring some copies to the Flatwater. Price will be $15 for an autographed copy. Since Larry Brown wrote the forward in the book, you might be able to get a 'double autograph' copy.

Also, Bill Boswell and I are planning on getting into Syracuse late afternoon, early evening on Thursday. If anyone else is coming in on Thursday, let us know and we'll try to get together to start the 'networking'
(Scotch drinking and story-telling) early!

See y'all there.

TMB
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

steve voss

#2 Post by steve voss »

Terry,

Remember, the Friday Night 30 Man Squad does not start before 4 pm.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Digger

#3 Post by Digger »

Hummm !!! Really !!

Chuck Graber

#4 Post by Chuck Graber »

steve voss wrote:Terry,

Remember, the Friday Night 30 Man Squad does not start before 4 pm.

sv
Sounds like Digger might be willing to open up the course for a "less than 30 man squads" earlier than 4pm.

As I remember, last year there was a very nice 20 man squad that went out around 6:00pm. I went out just to watch and pull targets for everyone else. That seemed to irritate some folks as they kept putting guns in my hands and telling me to shoot a few pairs. :D
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Stackbarrel16

#5 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

It's sooo much like a swingers party for guns, you get to dance with anything anybody brung!

I have on a single station shot a Holland 28, a Poli 16, a Rizzini 28 and a Woodward O/U 12 and a Cole Beretta 20. One pair each with slow calls and international rules pulls with a howling group of writers and revelers. Truly fun.
Rand Paul 2016

Colonel Brown

#6 Post by Colonel Brown »

You need to learn the proper terminology, Stack. Writers do not howl. We caterwaul. Howl is far too common a term, even though our caterwauling may sound like howling to those lacking in ability to distinguish.

jerry6stl

#7 Post by jerry6stl »

The "St. Louis Armada" plans to arrive Thursday evening, and desperately needs to begin earnest practicing on Friday morning to avoid severe embarrasment on Saturday. Some of us need all the practice we can arrange!!! (Excepting 007...)

We'll look forward to seeing you then, or perhaps we can meet for breakfast on Friday morning.

Jerry Goldstein

Chuck Graber

#8 Post by Chuck Graber »

Larry Brown wrote:You need to learn the proper terminology, Stack. Writers do not howl. We caterwaul. Howl is far too common a term, even though our caterwauling may sound like howling to those lacking in ability to distinguish.
cat?er?waul (ktr-w?l)
intr.v. cat?er?wauled, cat?er?waul?ing, cat?er?wauls
1. To cry or screech like a cat in heat.
2. To make a shrill, discordant sound.
Yep, that is about right! ...for the writers at least! :lol:

Colonel Brown

#9 Post by Colonel Brown »

Kinda like the sound of the pipes as Scottish regiments march into battle, Chuck.

Chuck Graber

#10 Post by Chuck Graber »

Larry Brown wrote:Kinda like the sound of the pipes as Scottish regiments march into battle, Chuck.
Thankfully nobody has ever brought bagpipes to Flatwater. Even more thankfully nobody has ever show up in a kilt! :shock: That would be nearly as hard on the eyes as Tiny in a speedo! :twisted:

wingshooter

#11 Post by wingshooter »

Give it up, Chuck.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM