Pics 2014

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
kgb

Re: Pics 2014

#31 Post by kgb »

Was there a rifle to go with the .416 shells on the pool table? If so I missed it!
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

Joe Pistola

#32 Post by Joe Pistola »

steve voss wrote:Ouch!

BTW, did anybody get a pic of Joe Chambers?
No ones camera could contain the beard...
Respectfully,
~Joe

"To have a reliable gun is fine, to have an accurate and reliable gun is great, to have a gun that is both accurate and reliable that all your friends admire...that is truly special." ~Jc

AndyC

#33 Post by AndyC »

I had to zoom right out to try and contain the awesome - and then crop the pic to even attempt capture it:

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Joe Pistola

#34 Post by Joe Pistola »

I knew you SA's couldn't be trusted Andy...spies, every one of you! LOL!
Respectfully,
~Joe

"To have a reliable gun is fine, to have an accurate and reliable gun is great, to have a gun that is both accurate and reliable that all your friends admire...that is truly special." ~Jc

AndyC

#35 Post by AndyC »

You know it, mate ;)

steve voss

#36 Post by steve voss »

Joe & his clone, AKA Jake.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Colonel Brown

#37 Post by Colonel Brown »

Did Egbert make it? Haven't heard from him lately.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

Jake

#38 Post by Jake »

steve voss wrote:Joe & his clone, AKA Jake.
A.K.A. Jake???? What! There's another Jake??? He must be a really fine man!!

Dang. I really wanted to go this year for my first time, but my wife had shoulder surgery and I have been her official chauffer (sp??)(non-paid driver!!) and could not.

Next year. Then there may be Two Jakes present!!

steve voss

#39 Post by steve voss »

Damn, we may have to remake the movie.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

3crosses

#40 Post by 3crosses »

One of these days I will make it too.

I have to get healthier though. Four shoulder surgeries, two torn retinas and now rheumatoid arthritis. It isn't easy to go anywhere. But, the in-laws are in SD and we have to drive right through there to get to them. So one of these days I will make it too.

One of you guys need to invest in a pair of Pivot Head glasses. And record the Flatwater for posterity.

Well really for laughs or Blackmail.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#41 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Larry Brown wrote:Did Egbert make it? Haven't heard from him lately.
Bob injured his knee in a fall recently and was hobbling around so took a rain-check. He said he was there in spirit this year but will be back in person next year. We did notice that there was much more room in the back of the Springfield van without all Bob's stuff in there though and we missed his goose hunting stories as we cruised through the Missouri river bottoms north of St. Joe.

Jake

#42 Post by Jake »

3crosses wrote:One of these days I will make it too.

I have to get healthier though. Four shoulder surgeries, two torn retinas and now rheumatoid arthritis. It isn't easy to go anywhere. But, the in-laws are in SD and we have to drive right through there to get to them. So one of these days I will make it too.

One of you guys need to invest in a pair of Pivot Head glasses. And record the Flatwater for posterity.

Well really for laughs or Blackmail.
Maybe we can link up and ride together next year 3C's???

steve voss

#43 Post by steve voss »

It's a large, spread out family we have here. I intend to meet Walt Lister and Old Colonel when I'm in AZ next month.

MN Tonester

#44 Post by MN Tonester »

I'm hoping to be retired April next year. Barring some disaster, whatever it takes, I'm coming. Been wanting to do for a few years now. (Be warned, my 'fanciest' shotgun is a Ruger Gold Label and my .45 is a Glock)
My dad told me, "Never buy anything that eats while you sleep." - Conrad Dobler
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. ' - Ronald Reagan

AndyC

#45 Post by AndyC »

S'ok - there's room for the Glock next to the garbage-can, just like Voss did to Rockie's :D