Ole Ben

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

Ole Ben

#1 Post by steve voss »

We were wondering about him this year. This is reposted from 16ga.com
Charles Hammack wrote:Image

L-R Ben Felton , Scott Cutter , and Myself in Nov. 2007 , On Standing Rock .
Two of my long and Dear Friends and Mentors , I shall forever be greatful for knowing them.

For those of you that had met Ole Ben , I would like to let you all know he passed away the first of the month with a Heart Attack , on his way to come back up here to the lake to shoot a round or two .

For those that do not know , Ben Felton is the reason that I fell in love with the 16 bore and built the DR 16 because of this love of the great 16 bore that he fostered .

I shall miss our long conversations about fancy guns ole friend .

Regards Nick
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

Re: Ole Ben

#2 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Damn. RIP Ben.
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

#3 Post by Joe Cool »

Ben was a most interesting and friendly character and I'm sure he will be greatly missed by one and all. He got me shooting a hammergun (along with Mikeee Bonner) at Flatwater and it was a real hoot!
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#4 Post by Pancho McTavish »

One of the good ones gone. Godspeed Ben.

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

Mr. Ben, it was so good to know you, Rest in Peace.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Colonel Brown

#6 Post by Colonel Brown »

Sorry to hear about Ben. Yet another Flatwater alum passes.
"It's simple. Don't quote posts that originate from other sites about members here. Most people get that. Try to be a little more positive." luckydog

mbonner

#7 Post by mbonner »

RIP. Ben, a real hoot it was trying to get Atticus to shoot a rabbit eared gun!

Joe Cool

#8 Post by Joe Cool »

That really was an interesting station. One high crosser and a curve out away breaking bird. Larry set the targets in a most interesting and fun arrangement. Mike, you will no doubt recall that between pulling hammers, opening that strange LeFaucheux action and working double triggers, it took a few tries to get me into y'alls groove!! :oops: :lol: But once I got fully adjusted to the "newfangled" gun/shooting arrangement, that old Husquvarna was a "dead on" shooter. You just could not miss with it! :wink:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)