Ole Ben

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

Ole Ben

#1 Post by steve voss »

We were wondering about him this year. This is reposted from 16ga.com
Charles Hammack wrote:Image

L-R Ben Felton , Scott Cutter , and Myself in Nov. 2007 , On Standing Rock .
Two of my long and Dear Friends and Mentors , I shall forever be greatful for knowing them.

For those of you that had met Ole Ben , I would like to let you all know he passed away the first of the month with a Heart Attack , on his way to come back up here to the lake to shoot a round or two .

For those that do not know , Ben Felton is the reason that I fell in love with the 16 bore and built the DR 16 because of this love of the great 16 bore that he fostered .

I shall miss our long conversations about fancy guns ole friend .

Regards Nick
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

Re: Ole Ben

#2 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Damn. RIP Ben.
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

#3 Post by Joe Cool »

Ben was a most interesting and friendly character and I'm sure he will be greatly missed by one and all. He got me shooting a hammergun (along with Mikeee Bonner) at Flatwater and it was a real hoot!
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#4 Post by Pancho McTavish »

One of the good ones gone. Godspeed Ben.

postoak

#5 Post by postoak »

Mr. Ben, it was so good to know you, Rest in Peace.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Colonel Brown

#6 Post by Colonel Brown »

Sorry to hear about Ben. Yet another Flatwater alum passes.
"If one man can be allowed to determine for himself what is law, every man can. That means first chaos, then tyranny." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter.

mbonner

#7 Post by mbonner »

RIP. Ben, a real hoot it was trying to get Atticus to shoot a rabbit eared gun!

Joe Cool

#8 Post by Joe Cool »

That really was an interesting station. One high crosser and a curve out away breaking bird. Larry set the targets in a most interesting and fun arrangement. Mike, you will no doubt recall that between pulling hammers, opening that strange LeFaucheux action and working double triggers, it took a few tries to get me into y'alls groove!! :oops: :lol: But once I got fully adjusted to the "newfangled" gun/shooting arrangement, that old Husquvarna was a "dead on" shooter. You just could not miss with it! :wink:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)