The Guns of Flatwater

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Steve007

The Guns of Flatwater

#1 Post by Steve007 »

For those of us that missed it, what exciting or intriguing shotguns were on display or being shot at Flatwater?

Doesn't have to be expensive. Dustin let me shoot his Darne a few years ago, and a lot of guys let me try out their pump guns when I was looking for one. (Got a duplicate to Terry Boyer's 16g. 28" Ithaca 37.) And of course there are the Holland and Dicksons, etc.

So what intrigued you?

postoak

Re: The Guns of Flatwater

#2 Post by postoak »

Pete had a really nice Grant, and I am not really a English Gun Guy.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

wingshooter

#3 Post by wingshooter »

Got to admire and shoot a DT Beretta S3. When I was shooting Berettas, I really wanted an SO3. This was one of the most dynamic and lively O/U's I have ever handled. Perhaps Rob or someone else has a pic. A couple of us were surprised by the light triggers. :oops:
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

An American Arms side opening hammergun, Rockie's droplock, and Stack's M1A Scout & 6.8 AR. Also, Joe Chambers' custom 1911s.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

gold40

#5 Post by gold40 »

Maybe Rocky will describe his unique Belgian droplock SxS....

steve voss

#6 Post by steve voss »

gold40 wrote:Maybe Rocky will describe his unique Belgian droplock SxS....
Maybe Dustin will. I'd like accurate info. :D :D :D
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Bluestem

#7 Post by Bluestem »

Rocky knew he had found a nice Belgian shotgun at a bargain price, but he didn't know the whole story. So when Dustin removed the bottom plate to reveal the drop-locks (which took him about 5-seconds), Rocky's face betrayed a full range of emotions: 1. Horror - "What the F... did you do to my gun?!" 2. Astonishment - "Oh my, are those what I think they are?!" 3. Joy - "I own a drop-lock!!!" 4. Gratitude - "Thank-you, Lord, for Flatwater!"

It was a great Flatwater moment.

M&M

#8 Post by M&M »

Several times on the way back to Texas, Rockie says to himself in a slightly detached tone, perhaps of disbelief, "I own a drop-lock". Then in a more affirmative forceful voice, "I OWN a drop-lock"

Best Flatwater ever, for Rockie.

I had a good time, too.

kgb had it right on the single shot shoot. Who keeps score at Flatwater?