New event for FW 2014

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Bluerock Brimley

New event for FW 2014

#1 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

After this year's raging success of Brad's potatoe (in deference to a distinguished VP) gun shoot----I suggest something of the following nature:

http://now.msn.com/william-daniel-lloyd ... ith-bb-gun

.....called perhaps the "Darwinian-Detonation" event? Or, perhaps since this the "NOT" board; the "NOT-Validictorian-of-your-class" event???

....open to more ideas.......
:D
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

Setters Forever

Re: New event for FW 2014

#2 Post by Setters Forever »

Fucking genius....did he come from East Texas?
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

wingshooter

#3 Post by wingshooter »

Bluerock Brimley wrote:After this year's raging success of Brad's potatoe (in deference to a distinguished VP) gun shoot----I suggest something of the following nature:

.....called perhaps the "Darwinian-Detonation" event? Or, perhaps since this the "NOT" board; the "NOT-Validictorian-of-your-class" event???

Is that one who is top of the class for validating?
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#4 Post by steve voss »

Anyone is free to set up their own "event" as I did for the GSG-22 guys. Does anyone know if Rockie's proposed single shot event occurred?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Digger

#5 Post by Digger »

Does anyone know if Rockie's proposed single shot event occurred ? Yes,one entry. He won also.
I think you mean "tumblers"
The shell you buy, the gun you shoot, the size of the bore or the clerk at the store telling you what you should do doesn't determine your actions, ethics or ability.

kgb

#6 Post by kgb »

I saw two single shots on the course and Milton loaned me his for a couple of tries. Don't know if they declared a winner, though.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

Stackbarrel16

#7 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Milton v. Rocky? I think the winner is obvious.......
Rand Paul 2016

Bluerock Brimley

#8 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

wingshooter wrote:
Bluerock Brimley wrote:After this year's raging success of Brad's potatoe (in deference to a distinguished VP) gun shoot----I suggest something of the following nature:

Is that one who is top of the class for validating?
....."validictorian" = a lesser known but more prestigious award to being "valedictorian" awarded for being top of your class at parking cars.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.

postoak

#9 Post by postoak »

Jerry, Milton and I held the SS Shoot.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

steve voss

#10 Post by steve voss »

...and?
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

postoak

#11 Post by postoak »

I shot my cheap assed NEF Single Shot better than all the rest of my Crap I hauled up there !

I do believe I got one or two report pairs with it.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

kgb

#12 Post by kgb »

postoak wrote:I shot my cheap assed NEF Single Shot better than all the rest of my Crap I hauled up there !

I do believe I got one or two report pairs with it.
Ah, the benefits of not keeping score!!

I was able to snipe several of Larry Brown's "survivors" with MM's SS. No real trick, Larry leaves a lot of them to ensure survival of the species.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern

M. R. Byrd

#13 Post by M. R. Byrd »

When my brother moved back from Alaska, he wanted to set up a Punkin Chunkin range at the ranch. Unfortunately, the big C got him before he got it done.

http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/punkin-chunkin
Maynard Reece Byrd
M. R. Byrd Outdoors
Athlon Riflescopes
Dodge City