Let the games begin

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Stackbarrel16

Re: Let the games begin

#16 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

No, but we had 2 roasters and a coffee maker. The pic of the other 30 foot table isn't posted....
Rand Paul 2016

steve voss

#17 Post by steve voss »

Tiny was the hit of the weekend. No, not the old Tiny...the new Tiny.

18-20 lbs of Cocker energy. :D
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#18 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

18-20 min/lb? :shock:
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

#19 Post by Joe Cool »

Wow!! What an absolutely GRAND looking cocker pup!! Tell Digger he'd better lock up that lil' dog when I get to Flatwater next spring...or plain old LARCENY might just enter into my heart!! :lol: :lol:
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

steve voss

#20 Post by steve voss »

You'd have to get in line.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Bluestem

#21 Post by Bluestem »

Bayard16 wrote:Hold my beer and watch this...
A few guys were interested in materials lists and info on potato cannons. Here is a site with a lot of good, basic information: http://www.advancedspuds.com/index.html
Here is a site that offers rifled barrels: http://www.spudtech.com/store/index.php ... ex&cPath=6
And for the Spud Special Forces: http://ultimatespudgun.com/

A few suggestions: Building the version in the photo takes about 20-minutes, but wait 24-hours for the PVC adhesive to fully cure before shooting. A shot of spray silicone helps prevent the breech block threads from getting sticky. Too much propellant leads to ED ("embarrassing discharge" - ask Pancho). A one-second burst of propellant (e.g. Static Guard) is usually sufficient, depending on the size of the combustion chamber. Bevel the muzzle to assist in swaging the "bullet." It's not rocket science (well, in a way it is...), but try to avoid getting yourself arrested.

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#22 Post by Pancho McTavish »

The "Dental Dynasty" and our body guards have arrived home and our team bus has been turned in. I don't think I exaggerate when I say we all had almost too much fun! Our new guys loved it. Thank you to the entire Grandpa's Sporting Acres crew and to all the esteemed participants. Everyone did more than their parts to ensure that a fantastic weekend was had by all. If you don't already have the last weekend of April 2014 marked on your calendar and cleared of all conflicts you should get 'er done immediately! You will regret it and not be able to live with your self if you miss another one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stackbarrel16

#23 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

No pictures of your toy Bob?
Rand Paul 2016

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#24 Post by Pancho McTavish »

On Sunday morning I got a real Flatwater treat. I finally got to meet noted pistol smith Joe Chambers this weekend and he brought over my little Colt Government Model .380 that he had been working on for personal delivery. It is very sweet with a new C&S aluminum trigger and excellent trigger job, front and back strap stippling, new sights including a beautiful gold bead front sight, polished furniture, polished slide flutes, and more. Joe is a true gentleman and an incredibly talented master artist! Couldn't have turned out better. :D :D :D

Joe and me and the little Colt...

Stackbarrel16

#25 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Indeed a very pretty little .380!
Rand Paul 2016

Setters Forever

#26 Post by Setters Forever »

nice....
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

Bluerock Brimley

#27 Post by Bluerock Brimley »

.....great time......this year's favorite gun (for me) was hands down, Stack's shorty M1A. Extremely cool gun. Thanks for letting me shoot it.

Slowhand's Lang (somehow that sounds dirty :oops: ) was stunning also.
99.9999999%of robberies don't have the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background. It's usually circus music.
...the blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.