Have Fun!

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
2Gordons

Have Fun!

#1 Post by 2Gordons »

From those of us not attending... Have a great weekend, and lots of fun.

Don't drink too much, and straight home now, you hear? :wink:

:lol:
We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. H.L. Mencken - 1920

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Stackbarrel16

Re: Have Fun!

#2 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

You should have come, you can still make it you know..... MSP is only about 6-7 hours......Chicago only 8...
Rand Paul 2016

Setters Forever

#3 Post by Setters Forever »

I am also sorry that won't be there....

As punishment I am redoing my backyard.....
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

Joe Cool

#4 Post by Joe Cool »

Aw crap...I had enough work and other scheduled stuff for the weekend, I knew I'd not make it this year. :( I sure wish I was up with the 40 man squad even as we speak! What a fun bunch!

But, after a couple more hours of document finalization and another client phone conference, it will be time for a coupla Labatt Blue Labels. Small consolation prize for missing Flatwater, but that is the hand I was dealt this year. :P :P
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Steve007

#5 Post by Steve007 »

Recovering from (I hope) bronchitis sufficiently acute that I had to postpone a trip to England. Rescheduled for mid-May. Had catscan and breathing tests today. More tests coming up. Wish I were in normal shape and at Flatwater. Though if I were in my usual shape, I'd be in England (and making money). Instead, l'll be going over new book proof sheets this weekend. Not much fun. You guys will have to have fun for me.

David

#6 Post by David »

I miss you guys. Shoot the cannon once for me.
David

But the moral man does not look at his freedom and say, "I can do what I want," but sees that freedom as the power to do what he ought. -Mike "Wingshooter" McDaniel

http://1-david-drew.artistwebsites.com/

Joe Cool

#7 Post by Joe Cool »

Damn, Finkel...that does not sound too good. Don't try to over-do the "back to work" bit too soon, ol' fellow...you sure do not want a relapse. And remember...as much as we hate to admit it, we 'aint kids no more...

David, I'm with you...get the boys to fire up the cannon on our behalf...and send us a picture!! :D :D
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

Setters Forever

#8 Post by Setters Forever »

They must be having fun. No one has posted any images.
From the Love that dare not speak its' name to the Love that won't STFU, in one generation. PostOak

Oh, and Cot Less j0e (I don't know the facts). Feel free to chime in. Setters Forever

KE0YYQ

2Gordons

#9 Post by 2Gordons »

Steve007 wrote:Recovering from (I hope) bronchitis sufficiently acute that I had to postpone a trip to England.
Yup, that was my December, and then a relapse in February. Lord, I was sick. I wound up tearing connecting tissue between my ribs and had to go on prescription painkillers from the pain of the incessant coughing. Just kill me and be done with it! :lol:

I had chest x-rays in December that found something interesting enough that they want to do follow-ups. We'll see what fresh hell that brings about.

Thankfully, it will almost look like Spring this weekend. We'll see 60+ degrees tomorrow and Sunday, and maybe 70 on Monday. Yippee!!!
We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. H.L. Mencken - 1920

Jed

#10 Post by Jed »

Have fun gents.
"Washington is a feudal bureaucratic empire with a small suggestion box"- John Hayward

3crosses

#11 Post by 3crosses »

I would like to have gone. If the Dr. would have given me a couple of more weeks I would have gone. As it is I was released and returned to work Thursday. Now after missing 3.5 months, I will be one busy SOB. Hope to get caught up by 9/1. Dove season!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

DES/TSD

#12 Post by DES/TSD »

I planned on going earlier this year. Feb. say doctor visit too. I am furiously getting work done to inflate piggy bank before going in for heart valve repair surgery May 8. Gentlemen I only got to attend once and I want to go back again!
Dennis Earl Smith/ ACGG Regular Member

Steve007

#13 Post by Steve007 »

Joe Cool wrote:Damn, Finkel...that does not sound too good. Don't try to over-do the "back to work" bit too soon, ol' fellow...you sure do not want a relapse. And remember...as much as we hate to admit it, we 'aint kids no more...
It is possible that a lifetime of overwhelming sexual activity has caught up wth me, but the cure may be a hair of the dog that bit me. So to speak.

3crosses

#14 Post by 3crosses »

as one ages the hair of the dog is no longer the most important thing on the list.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

2Gordons

#15 Post by 2Gordons »

DES/TSD wrote:I am furiously getting work done to inflate piggy bank before going in for heart valve repair surgery May 8.
:shock: Yikes! Best of luck with the surgery. That must be weighing heavy on your mind.