GSG Event

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
wingshooter

Re: GSG Event

#16 Post by wingshooter »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:A frame and a roll of butcher paper is much easier to pattern on.

No, it isn't. I've tried it. Have you?
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#17 Post by steve voss »

For years and years. Steel frame at the club, attach paper with clothes pins.

Easy, peasy.
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#18 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

I have in fact done hundreds of shotgun patterns if not a couple thousand. On steel plates, cardboard and butcher paper. Over an expanded steel backer on steel posts, on a cardboard backer on wood posts.

Butcher paper/packing paper etc. done on an expanded steel backer is the easiest way. It would also be substantially lighter than a plate you can actually pattern large shot on.

I accept you don't like the easy or simple way all that often. :D
Rand Paul 2016

postoak

#19 Post by postoak »

The reason for the metal plate, is that your assistant stands behind and steps out and takes digital photos and paints up the plate between shots.
"The devil can fool a man, but not man's best friend"

Pancho McTavish
Location: Formerly high Over the Beach at Waikiki and now high in the Ozark Mountains

#20 Post by Pancho McTavish »

Is there much turn over in assistants?

Digger

#21 Post by Digger »

I know a couple I would like to use.
I think you mean "tumblers"
The shell you buy, the gun you shoot, the size of the bore or the clerk at the store telling you what you should do doesn't determine your actions, ethics or ability.