The official Flatwater open shoot info thread

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
steve voss

#256 Post by steve voss »

TMBoyer wrote:Does this not inhibit free speech as guaranteed by our Constitution?
The Flatwater is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dictatorship under the auspices of The Executive Committee.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Chuck Graber

#257 Post by Chuck Graber »

Stackbarrel16 wrote:The committee fines TMB 2 oz of steak for the incorrect political statement "war of northern aggression".
In a effort to display the magnanimity and generosity of spirit that tipifies the Northern Free states, I withdraw my comment about "traitorous southern confederacy" and ask that Terry's allotment of fine emancipated steak be restored to him. Terry has lived in a free state for less than a year and probably does not know exactly how to behave out of the confines of the confederacy.

I humbly close with the words of Abraham Lincoln from his first inaugural address.
We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

postoak

#258 Post by postoak »

I am a relative of Jesse Woodson James - no shit - I am however not quite the man he was. :D

Not acutally a Decendant from him, but from his Grand Father - I believe.

Brent XVI'er

#259 Post by Brent XVI'er »

I believe our trip takes us near Lawrence,KS- but let's not get sidetracked on our way to Flatwater! :wink:

Stackbarrel16

#260 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The rules clearly state "NO politics". TMB willfully and incorrectly engaged in political statements under the auspices of an official Flatwater thread and in the process was demonstrably wrong in the process. There for he fined 2 oz of steak for it. In a follow on he is further fined a 50% portion of potato salad for a second yet more heinous violation of the rules.

In a seperate but related ruling Chuck Graber is fined 3 oz of steak for blatant transgression of the rules after seeing a penalty imposed for the exact same thing previously in the thread.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#261 Post by wingshooter »

I will have a 12 bore island Purdey hammergun which requires 2 1/2 " low pressure shells. Anyone coming to the festivities that has some, or a source that they can bring me a couple boxes? Is this a regular stock item (B&P High Pheasants are acceptable) at Cabela's? Also will have a Fox 16, for which the stash is sufficient, but need some help on the 2 1/2 shells.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

steve voss

#262 Post by steve voss »

The Gun Library's usually have six boxes or so of 2.5" shells in 12/16/20. I'd call ahead and have them save you some. Bring a stack o' cash.

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

postoak

#263 Post by postoak »

Wingshooter - RST might be able to ship you some - directly to Flatwater - you had better ask them.

steve voss

#264 Post by steve voss »

postoak wrote:Wingshooter - RST might be able to ship you some - directly to Flatwater - you had better ask them.
And they'd be better shells. Cabela's carries Lyalvale shells and they are all 1 ounce with fast velocities. Kick like hell.

sv

Digger

#265 Post by Digger »

Hacksaw , duck tape , tape measure . Don't worry .I got it taken care of !!!

Digger

#266 Post by Digger »

Hey , don't worry about that pressure issue . I think I've got that figured out ??? :twisted: :twisted: