The official Flatwater open shoot info thread

To centralize the Flatwater topics sprinkled about the other forums, they are all consolidated here.
Stackbarrel16

The official Flatwater open shoot info thread

#1 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

The 2008 iteration of the Flatwater Open will be held 26 and 27 April 2008 at Grandpa's Sporting Acres, 2404 Co. Rd. H, Syracuse, NE.

This year's cost is $180 USD. It includes 200 targets of sporting clays, hors d orves Friday PM, lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday. There will be a hat in the package too. The Saturday lunch will include ample amounts of real German potato salad as the massive portion offenders have been recruited to help make the batch this year (I may get to shoot on saturday for once). The Saturday dinner is hand cut grain fed Nebraska beef aged a minimum of 28 days as always.

There has been a group rate set up at the Sleep Inn on Co. Rd. 30/NE hiway 50 in Syracuse, NE. You need to tell them you are there for the Flatwater shoot. There are non smoking rooms and smoking rooms in the block 10 and 2 respectively. We encourage early reservations.

The rules: #1 no politics-enough said. #2 The committee can hand down penalties without regard to consistancy, intellectual honesty, bias or fairness only the committee can suspend or revoke such a penalty. (it is here by noted wingshooter is down 2 oz of steak from last year's post flatwater picture thread his potato salad penalty has been commuted due to his labor in making this years batch). There is NO score keeping, score keepers will be penalized. The shoot is open to all gun types though dedicated target guns are frowned upon and you will be lambasted for their use. The course is small bore/light load centered and shots will be angled, short window etc. type presentations distance and excessive speed are for tourneys.

Please bring a bottle of your favorite to place on the bar and share Irish, scotch, American sourmash, bourbon and even Canadian whiskeys are welcome. If you prefer wine feel free to bring wine to add to the steak dinner fare, it is most welcome.

We look forward to seeing all of you and having a blast as usual. If you can read this you are invited.

The Committee.[/i]
Last edited by Stackbarrel16 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rand Paul 2016

Stackbarrel16

#2 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Addendum: For those who have not participated before there is indeed shooting Friday afternoon. While it is not officially a part of the Flatwater open for the targets and such (those are ala carte before and after the official 200) it is a massive part of the fun and as such is covered under Flatwater committee rules for politics and penalties. Expect to buy a round of clays 100 targets and to be in a squad of 2 to 30 men. The 30 man squad that usually develops is a blast, no quarter is given none is taken.

Sunday normally runs to noon for most people.
Rand Paul 2016

wingshooter

#3 Post by wingshooter »

Already penalized 2 oz?!!! From last year? Sounds like an ex post facto penalty. HA! I got a larger memory card for the Nikon. Revenge is a dish best served digitally. I will be bringing a framed print of the most scandalous Flatwater photo ever. It will NOT be posted to the board, so attendance is required to view the aforementioned.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Mike

#4 Post by Mike »

No politics, fine...............................can we talk reloading machines? :lol:
Do it now.....you might be roadkill by tomorrow.

Chuck Graber

#5 Post by Chuck Graber »

Mike wrote:No politics, fine...............................can we talk reloading machines? :lol:
Reloading machines may be discussed. If you want to talk about recipes for handicap trap loads you will be asked to take it off the premisess! :twisted:

Mike

#6 Post by Mike »

I sir, do not associate with Trapshooters that I know of! :wink:
Do it now.....you might be roadkill by tomorrow.

Chuck Graber

#7 Post by Chuck Graber »

Mike wrote:I sir, do not associate with Trapshooters that I know of! :wink:
Well there are a couple of trapshooters that show up at Flatwater but I don't know that any of them reload and they certainly don't talk about it!

Personally I would rather discuss politics with Genghis Kahn than listen to a Trapshooter rattle on about the witches brew they use for handicap trap loads! :roll:

TMBoyer

Executive Ruling Requested

#8 Post by TMBoyer »

Stack,

If I can convince a certain gun importer to show up and bring their new line of round body gauge specific framed models in 16,20,28 and 410 (they aren't even making a 12) can I get Tiny's penalties added on to my steak?

Of course I'm bringing a 'secret' gun to Flatwater that will leave even Larry Brown speechless!

TMB
"A good man always knows his limitations"
Harry Callahan

Stackbarrel16

#9 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

There is some dangerously close to penalty "discussion" going on here.

Perhaps the issue of unsafe shitty crimps should be brought up at the next executive committee meeting. Perhaps a safety ban on all MEC reloaded shells :twisted: :lol: . I recommend that topic for Saturday evening after steaks.

Penaltys are property of the executive committee and they may be assesed as a bonus for exemplary conduct. There's never been a bonus with this crew FWIW :lol: .
Rand Paul 2016

Stackbarrel16

#10 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

*****Important update****

Ladies it seems we have a run on rooms! I will try to get another block set up if possible.

Please PM me with your intent to attend I need to know how many will be here. As always a modest refundable $25 registration is advised so we can keep count for food purposes.
Rand Paul 2016

Joe Cool

Flatwater

#11 Post by Joe Cool »

I'm coming up for the shoot too, Stack! Already got "digs" arranged at Day's Inn several days ago. At the reasonable prices they charge, I asked if suites were available. They said no problem...several were still available. About $95.00 per night but with most of the guys bunking up in twos with other shooters, it it a real deal!

Atticus
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

wingshooter

#12 Post by wingshooter »

most of the guys bunking up in twos with other shooters
That, coupled (pun intended) with your tag line, is a besmirchment of what little dignity remains at Flatwater.

I thank you.
Consistency is the currency of credibility.

MM

Joe Cool

Tag

#13 Post by Joe Cool »

Absolutely correct, Mike! Meant that way! High time the last shred of Flatwater dignity was lost!

Uhhh.......got any single malt? :P
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."

Samuel Butler, (Notebooks) (1912)

steve voss

#14 Post by steve voss »

Atticus, do NOT try to deprive me of my designated driver!!

sv
"Say five Heil Hinckers, sing two Horst Wessel songs, and perform an act of contrition." -kgb 4/22/10

"It's all in the hunt...patience, luck, skill, experience, desire, spirit and flesh." -Bob Crandall 10/18/2010

Stackbarrel16

#15 Post by Stackbarrel16 »

Lincoln or Nebraska City Atticus? There's no Days in in Syracuse just a Sleep Inn.
Rand Paul 2016